AVS Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/20876284

Uninstalling the older driver, then installing the new one is a general procedure when updating hardware driver. That's what I meant.

ok, got it
I'm gonna work on this just now, prior to going into work this evening. i'll at least get the drive wiped and reinstalled. thx alot

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/20875956

When installing the new NVIDIA driver, make sure to uninstall the previous driver. You can also select "Custom" installation and check "Clean installation", that removes all registry settings.

Recommended installation order is

- Remove all peripherals except for the keyboard/mouse/display. Attach only the OS drive.

- Install Windows (reformatting the partition where you install Windows)

- Install hardware drivers.

-- LAN driver first (CD-ROM) if you want to download Catalyst 11.8.

-- Catalyst Software Suite 11.8 (download)

-- Chipset driver (CD-ROM)

-- Onboard audio driver (CD-ROM)

-- ASMedia SATA 3.0 driver (CD-ROM)

- Install

-- directx_Jun2010_redist

-- dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64 (not always necessary, though)

-- Java runtime (not always necessary, though)

-- Antivirus software

- Install all Windows updates.

- Shutdown the system. Attach GT 520. Start the system and install NVIDIA 280.26 driver.

i'm a bit confuse on this...

"LAN driver first (CD-ROM) if you want to download Catalyst 11.8.

Catalyst Software Suite 11.8 (download)"

the catalyst ati drivers on the cd...do i do this at all, or, just down load this 11.8 and istall? do i have to do one before the other? thx

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
On hold till I hear back. On the driver disk, is the "AMD Chipset" and "AMD Graphics". I need to install the chipset portion (has the network, usb, ide drivers), but which is the one that contains the older version of catalyst? I have the new and improved Suite 11.8 ready on a stick?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
CD-ROM includes an older graphics driver.

- CD-ROM: DriverVer=05/12/2011, 8.860.0.0000

- Catalyst 11.6: DriverVer=05/24/2011, 8.861.0.0000

- Catalyst 11.8: DriverVer=07/28/2011, 8.881.0.0000

BTW "11.8" means August 2011. Install the drivers from CD-ROM in red rectangles.

LAN first, then download and install Catalyst 11.8, then install AMD chipset, Realtek audio, two ASMedia drivers (or in whatever order). Or Catalyst first if you already have it somewhere in your local storage. You may be able to find newer drivers for chipset/LAN/audio/ASMedia, but this is less important than the graphics driver.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is the amd graphics the 11.8 catalyst I'm replacing/updating? I see that it is not in red triangle. Trying to grasp this as I'm still not seeing how this is tied together.

Thx

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
"AMD Graphics Driver" in ASUS CD-ROM = "Catalyst Software Suite", that includes the AMD graphics driver, AMD Vision Engine Control Center, HDMI audio driver, and a bunch of other graphics related tools. Install all (not from CD-ROM, but from downloaded 11.8).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
11.8 installed and FINALLY got Catalyst working. Ok, when I put in the 520 and load that driver you stated, prior to windows start, to I then go into bios to enable the dual graphis in the "NB" section within "advanced"?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
You'd better install drivers one by one. That is, first without NVIDIA graphic card, install AMD driver. Make sure AMD graphics works. Then install NVIDIA graphics with AMD graphics disabled (BIOS default) and install NVIDIA driver. Make sure NVIDIA graphics works. Finally enable both graphics in BIOS. Boot into Windows and enable both desktop.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/20881656

You'd better install drivers one by one. That is, first without NVIDIA graphic card, install AMD driver. Make sure AMD graphics works. Then install NVIDIA graphics with AMD graphics disabled (BIOS default) and install NVIDIA driver. Make sure NVIDIA graphics works. Finally enable both graphics in BIOS. Boot into Windows and enable both desktop.

Ok. I will mess around with this a bit, to make sure they both work. I sure hope this is the ticket, as so I don't have to buy a different vid. card. I will post back. Thank you for your help.

Say, is there a preferred program, that will ck for all my latest drivers...somethng that is not invasive to my system, or cost anything? I did run a ck at amd and it looks for the latest drivers and said i had the latest. Maybe I should see if my chipset is current.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ok, so i installed the 520, and disable the thing under NB in bios advanced. I had left the monitor plugged into vga plug of mobo and it did not come to life.

(like it did in the past) i turned off, restarted pc with monitor plugged into the 520 and now installing it's driver. I have to go to work and leave this, but uh...why did the monitor not start up with it plugged into the mobo vga? Does the pci 520 take presidence over the mobo connection? Odd to me.

This is looking like the same conflict I had about a week ago. There was also a message that came up stating something regarding the vision center did not support the adapter that was found and I needed to change this in the device manager. I can't be exact, for I didn't write it down. I'll need to restart the pc here in a bit to see if I can this message again. May not be until tomorrow, though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ok, without a restart, I just noticed that right clicking desktop to get into vision center, the graphics options are missing. This is the problem I had last week. After I restart the pc and enable the option in bios under NB, I'll see if this issue is resolve. I'll post back on this.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
"Warning: The AMD vision engine control center in not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the displays manager"

Also, when I restarted pc, with the nividia driver installed, I did notice the graphics portion of the vision center had returned. I also went into the bios and enabled the dual graphics. Restarted pc and still same message. I guess I need to to now see if I can hook something up to the mobo graphics to see if it works, like advertised. There must be something I'm missing, due to the above warning message.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax /forum/post/20882608

"Warning: The AMD vision engine control center in not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the displays manager"

Also, when I restarted pc, with the nividia driver installed, I did notice the graphics portion of the vision center had returned. I also went into the bios and enabled the dual graphics. Restarted pc and still same message. I guess I need to to now see if I can hook something up to the mobo graphics to see if it works, like advertised. There must be something I'm missing, due to the above warning message.

I got that same message one time after accidentally installing the XP driver instead of the W7 driver.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hello, hope i didn't run you off. Had a terrible experience with all the drivers. I had to do a total resintall of windows, just so i could get my lan to work. Ok, at the moment, I am running well, without the geforce 520 installed at all. I will attempt to do what I'm after, only to see if I can successfully get outta what the GPU will do. I have my monitor and my TV hooked up. I thought I'd be able to view the monitor, for web brousing, at the same time of say watching a movie on the TV. I'm only able to display whats on the pc, to the tv, at a 480 resolution, for the tv's sake. I need high res on the pc monitor, while doing 480 on the t.v. Man, I've gone through the settings in the AMD vision center, and it's tough. I'm either not seeing it, or, it ain't gonna work.

The t.v is capable of HD 1080i on the "vga" port that it's connected to.

My current connection is dvi-d out to pc monitor, and vga out to t.v.

UNLESS....I need to have HDMI out to one of these monitors, to make work, what I want to. Maybe that's it. I'm pretty much confused at this point. Hope to hear from you...DM

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was so good to see this issue on a forum. I have the same problem. I emailed Asus but their first response they hadn't even read the email as I could tell by the response. The second response still did no good as they wanted to know if my motherboard was posting. I am waiting on their third response. Which may go nowhere too.

I have an Asus F1A75-M Pro V 2.0 with onboard video but we thought we could do dual monitors with an Nvidia 7100 card. The Catalyst Center is asking for drivers, if I get the screen to come on, but most of the boots just hang with black screen and my mouse arrow.

So frustrating that I am looking for an ATI vid card right now thinkiing that may resolve the issue. Anyone out there?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
you have to use the same type of chipset, of a given video card. I still have never tried a different card, but that was what I was told to do. DM

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am on Vista but the problem is on an XP pc. My Vista pc has the same AMD/ATI onboard video and I ran the Nvidia 7100 card just fine on it. The XP pc has a new motherboard, new install with AMD/ATI onboard and the 7100 nvidia card would just hang on boot.

Here is the response from Asus but just go get the global download from their website

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=41&m=F1A75-M+PRO+R2.0&os=17&ft=1&f_name=AMD_Graphics_V891100_XP.zip

The Global DLM is the download manager link which I wouldn't recommend, just the Global link works fine.

Here is the email they sent.

Dear deb,

Please download the VGA driver to test.

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=41&m=F1A75-M%20PRO%20R2.0&os=17&ft=1&f_name=AMD_Graphics_V891100_XP.zip#AMD_Graphics_V891100_XP.zip

The latest response from Asus.

I will test this to see what it may do for the problem I am having:

Downloading AMD_Graphics_V891100_XP.zip

The Vista driver is 400mb.

The XP driver is 216mb.

How do I know if I have this installed on my pc? I am running an Nvidia card and have an Asus AMD M3A78 board that I love and have never had a problem like the F1A75-M board has trying to run an Nvidia card.

I don't think I need the AMD Graphics driver because if I boot to F8 and use VGA mode I get to the desktop just fine but have no video installed as soon as I try to use the Nvidia card it hangs.

If the latest driver for the AMD Graphics will allow me to run an Nvidia card on the board that wouldn't make any sense to me.

Don't know how to fix my problem. I did order an ATI card to test.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts