AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an a4-5000 board which says supports premium 7.1 audio, however I can only get stereo sound output from windows 8.1 and are soft tmt5. No surround sound, and definitely no hd surround sound.

I have HTPC - demon e300 - Visio m series, and only get stereo with whatever driver combinations I choose.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I'm not specifically familiar with Win8, but a few things immediately came to mind:

-In the Control Panel audio settings, what is marked off as your sound card? I'm fairly certain it should show up as your receiver.

-What player are you using, just TMT?

-Do you have a full version of TMT? I got a copy of PowerDVD with my bluray drive and it was a limited copy that forced downsampling to stereo on all audio tracks.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not specifically familiar with Win8, but a few things immediately came to mind:

-In the Control Panel audio settings, what is marked off as your sound card? I'm fairly certain it should show up as your receiver.

-What player are you using, just TMT?

-Do you have a full version of TMT? I got a copy of PowerDVD with my bluray drive and it was a limited copy that forced downsampling to stereo on all audio tracks.

It doesn't show anything in the sound section, but in the catalyst control center it shows my monitor as Denon e300. I turned off all the hdmi pass through stuff to make sure that want the case.

My tmt is full version just old, version 5. I'm pretty sure I can download a trial version of the newest. I will try that tooth and report back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts