AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Yeah chinese made speakers so don't expect much quality from them,by the way they are affiliated with fluance speaker company that also make cheap chinese made loudspeakers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hometheatremag.com has an extremely positive blurb about this system on their site

http://blog.hometheatermag.com/ces2007/

Evidently their founder lived in China for a number of years setting up their factory, has worked as a designer for numerous speaker companies, and they're an oem for other popular speaker brands

some of the speakers on their site also look real sweet and hit the 4000+ mark

Is this all snake oil?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by new27 /forum/post/0

hometheatremag.com has an extremely positive blurb about this system on their site

http://blog.hometheatermag.com/ces2007/

Evidently their founder lived in China for a number of years setting up their factory, has worked as a designer for numerous speaker companies, and they're an oem for other popular speaker brands

some of the speakers on their site also look real sweet and hit the 4000+ mark

Is this all snake oil?

AAD is a company founded and owned by Phill Jones who was the lead speaker designer for Boston Acoustics for YEARS. He was a pioneer in bringing Chinese made speakers to the USA.

AFAIK, he owns outright or is a partner in the factory producing his AAD speakers. He actually imports them into the USA through the well respected company that ownes SOLILOQUY speakers.

Don't confuse AAD with the cheap junk mentioned above. They have absolutely no relationship with or to Fluance, Dogg Digital or any of the other White Van type speakers out there. They are made in a state of the art manufacturing facility and seem to be very well made.

AAD's were on my list to audition several years ago and I found the C-800's (I think that was the model number) to be quite nice for the money. My big gripe was they had a vinyl veneer wrap not veneer. But, that's just me.... I prefer a real wood veneer as opposed to a vinyl wrap. Otherwise, they were hard to fault for the $$$.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Well I listened to them before and I was not impressed by them ,but if you are going to purchase them give them a listen before buying .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.