1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If I recall correctly, Bosso had given a thumbs up to one of their models. Don't know if this is the one, though. Maybe he'll chime in.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Eddie. Yeah I know he likes the V-3 on up to the V-6, but I dunno if he likes the VLP-2500? It just seems the VLP-2500 might sort of be like the EP2500 in the sense of a bang-for-your-buck-amp with close to 40% more juice?

http://www.sixstardj.com/americanaudio5.html

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, only with the VLP1500. From what I saw, its a fairly good amp, but with one big drawback. The fan is VERY loud. I about pulled the trigger on one but that part about the fan is quite a turn off. If you get one, let us know how it is.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn /forum/post/15438435

Hey Eddie. Yeah I know he likes the V-3 on up to the V-6, but I dunno if he likes the VLP-2500? It just seems the VLP-2500 might sort of be like the EP2500 in the sense of a bang-for-your-buck-amp with close to 40% more juice?

http://www.sixstardj.com/americanaudio5.html

I wouldn't take those power ratings that seriously though.

Output Power:

- 1300W RMS Per Channel @ 4 Ohms, 1kHz, 0.1% THD

- 750W RMS Per Channel @ 8 Ohms, 1kHz, 0.1% THD

It is only rating at 1kHz there. The Behringer EP2500's 4 ohm power rating at 1kHz is 750 but from 20Hz to 20kHz its 650. How much is this off from what it can really do?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing, only with the VLP1500. From what I saw, its a fairly good amp, but with one big drawback. The fan is VERY loud. I about pulled the trigger on one but that part about the fan is quite a turn off. If you get one, let us know how it is.

Yeah I thought about the fan, but supposedly the whole line is on the loud side? I have the option of placing the amp out of room if need be or I can get creative with placement.
Quote:
I wouldn't take those power ratings that seriously though.

Output Power:

- 1300W RMS Per Channel @ 4 Ohms, 1kHz, 0.1% THD

- 750W RMS Per Channel @ 8 Ohms, 1kHz, 0.1% THD

It is only rating at 1kHz there. The Behringer EP2500's 4 ohm power rating at 1kHz is 750 but from 20Hz to 20kHz its 650. How much is this off from what it can really do?

I hear you and I don't totally. Some sites say 1300 at 4 Ohm and others say 1100. Just what it would come out at on Chucks table I dunno? The EP2500 did well concerning close to spec performance. It's still only 650 though. The VLP-2500 isn't rated at 4 Ohm bridged. Must be a no-no, but I wouldn't want to anyway. At 50lbs a guy would think it has some oomph though?

EDIT.. I think the 1300 measurement might be the 1kHz reading and the 1100 is the 20/20?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah now after looking around some more it looks to be 1100W RMS Per Channel @ 4 Ohms, 1kHz, 0.1% THD. So I wouldn't expect any more than 1000 most likely. Still, if it can perform anywhere close to what it states, itd be a wonderful bang for the buck amp. If I could place the amp out of the room, I def. would have given it a try. Maybe it'd be a great amp for you.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
So I wouldn't expect any more than 1000 most likely.

I would think so.

·
Registered
884 Posts

Appears to be a very good value. Over 50 lbs , and it has lots of ON output transistors, rated much the same as the Toshiba 2SC at 150.00 watts each. found this picture of the internals which seems like a very generous amp.

·
Registered
884 Posts
After purchasing 6 cv5000 5 cv2800 and 4 SX3200, i was always humming and hawing on this one, but always had some interest in the Big Iron amp.

Need to find one more now that i have one so i have a pair of them to bridge to an 8 ohm speaker load.

Now discontinued, I picked this one up used. Toroidal transformer says 2150 va :)

Attachments

Reactions: neo_2009

·
Registered
884 Posts

Lol this video is hilarious even if you cant understand german.

The amp screams and barely registers output on the front panel meter.

Just got lucky and got a good deal on one more of these. :))

They are discontinued.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.