AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Blu-Ray cover artwork shown on most online stores showed the Universal Studios "The Perfect Hi-Def Movie Experience" design and color scheme on the front and side, which would have been appropriate as the film is distributed by Vivendi which still owns a minority stake in Universal. However, the copy I picked up at a retail store doesn't have the Universal design.

The case also appears to be wrinkled and came in flimsy shrink-wrap (as if it had been repackaged by the store) rather than the folded plastic that the studios usually use.

Can someone please check on their copy if it's the same? I just want to make sure there weren't two different different versions between the U.S. and Canada before I open it.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfan /forum/post/15576952

The Blu-Ray cover artwork shown on most online stores showed the Universal Studios "The Perfect Hi-Def Movie Experience" design and color scheme on the front and side, which would have been appropriate as the film is distributed by Vivendi which still owns a minority stake in Universal. However, the copy I picked up at a retail store doesn't have the Universal design.

The case also appears to be wrinkled and came in flimsy shrink-wrap (as if it had been repackaged by the store) rather than the folded plastic that the studios usually use.

Can someone please check on their copy if it's the same? I just want to make sure there weren't two different different versions between the U.S. and Canada before I open it.

The versions are the same (except for the Frenchie track).

The shrink wrap was not wrapped as tight as normal releases are (fearing fans of the film would have a difficult time getting it off without fingernails).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/15577478

The versions are the same (except for the Frenchie track).

The shrink wrap was not wrapped as tight as normal releases (fearing the fans of the film would have a difficult time getting it off).
You are now on my ignore list.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's actually no Frenchie track listed on the one I got. It was a very limited release theatrically (only played for a week and didn't get a chance to see it) so I doubt they even got it translated.

But on your copy is the Universal banner on it or not?

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfan /forum/post/15577701

There's actually no Frenchie track listed on the one I got. It was a very limited release theatrically (only played for a week and didn't get a chance to see it) so I doubt they even got it translated.

But on your copy is the Universal banner on it or not?

Vivendi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts