1 - 20 of 5043 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Bring on the next William Hung.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The past couple of seasons I have only watched the audition portion and I've enjoyed it but when it gets down to the actual show I tune out. I enjoy the Rockstar series about 10 times more than Idol - far more talent there.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully they will have more of those "singers" who are auditioning solely for "entertainment value."

One of my favorites from last year was the girl with the cell phone hanging out of her pocket whose mother was called into the audition room who dressed and acted like her daughter.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendy8 /forum/post/0

The past couple of seasons I have only watched the audition portion and I've enjoyed it but when it gets down to the actual show I tune out. I enjoy the Rockstar series about 10 times more than Idol - far more talent there.

I like AI, but I agree, some of the other music talent shows are a little better. Although I'm not a country fan, Nashville Start takes the cake when talking overall talent (playing instruments, singing, writing their own material, etc.). I'm not saying those on AI can't do all the above, but due to the 'type' of show, the producers won't allow them go show anything else off other than their voice and looks, so I have no way of knowing like I do with Rockstar and Nashville Star.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendy8 /forum/post/0

I disagree...some of the `rock singer's in the last one were horrible and wayy off key..Judges still would say they "were great!"

·
Registered
3,548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley /forum/post/0

I like AI, but I agree, some of the other music talent shows are a little better. Although I'm not a country fan, Nashville Start takes the cake when talking overall talent (playing instruments, singing, writing their own material, etc.). I'm not saying those on AI can't do all the above, but due to the 'type' of show, the producers won't allow them go show anything else off other than their voice and looks, so I have no way of knowing like I do with Rockstar and Nashville Star.

Carrie was better than anyone on the last NS..can't judge any other NS finalists though.

·
Registered
29,176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie /forum/post/0

I heard clips from several interviews with Paula this morning...she defiantely is abusing drugs!!

And, in other news, the Pope is still Catholic!

In any other medium, she would have been bounced out on her ear long ago: showing up drunk or stoned on air and hitting on young, male contestants (wonder how much it took to buy that guy off?). But the producers of AI have such a gold mine going, they're not going to do anything to rock the boat, and that includes shaking up the "talent". Pretty sad, actually.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid /forum/post/0

Carrie was the worst champion in AI's short history.

I take it you are not a Country music fan then? Have you seen what she has done since?

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
If I had to sit there day after day after day listening to stuff like that, I WOULD BE HIGH TOO!!

1 - 20 of 5043 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.