AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this game on anybody elses radar? When I heard they were actually considering doing another one of these, on HD and on console no less, I almost peed myself. The original was one of the most insane game's I've ever played. I wish they'd remake the original but it looks like its going to be a sequel. Think there's any chance they'd release the original through psn or xbox live? Hope I'm not the only one excited, this game is going to rule!

(Tried to post some links to concept art but it won't let me cause I'm so new. You can find it through wiki though if you're interested)

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm skeptical. Sequels of older games, in particular much beloved older games, rarely turn out well. Either they try to keep the gameplay to similar and what was great then is stale and unexciting now or they try to improve on the old formula to much and it ends up feeling nothing like the original experience. It's a very difficult sweet spot to hit and in all honesty American McGee really hasn't made anything that wasn't terrible since Alice. I'm hoping for the best but not about to hold my breath.

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zBuff /forum/post/17011075

this would be to tie in with the new movie I guess

Not at all. There is absolutely zero affiliation between American McGee's Alice and Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland aside from the source material upon which both are based.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Not sure what you mean by the "HD" part since American McGee's supposedly making this for current consoles (so of course it will be in HD).

I don't expect much. American's the poster-child for over-hyped, under-delivering designers. I mean, the dude put his name on his first game. That takes cajones.

·
Banned
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman /forum/post/17011824

Not sure what you mean by the "HD" part since American McGee's supposedly making this for current consoles (so of course it will be in HD).

I don't expect much. American's the poster-child for over-hyped, under-delivering designers. I mean, the dude put his name on his first game. That takes cajones.

All I ment by the HD part was that the visuals were so awesome in the first one, so creepy and amazing, that I can't even imagine how awesome the game would look on my PS3. I wonder if they'll tone it down a little...I still remember coming back to the computer after getting a snack and watching Alice saw at her wrists with a blade. Creepy as hell. A remake would have been ideal but at least after playing the original this guy has to have something in him...it was a really amazing game. I hope he can do it again.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I remember he wrote a snot-nosed "you are not the real game designers like me" article for Game Informer a few years ago. I'll never forget the undeserved superior tone. He was slamming the usual suspects, like action games, FPSs, multiple sequels, all easy targets. He rattled off a list of things needed in game design, all very generic and predictable. Of course a picture was included, wearing a man-necklace and a smug smirk. What a tool.

I think the article came out between "Crapland" and "Bad Day in LA". So history has been his own judge.

·
Banned
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJonathan /forum/post/17013317

I remember he wrote a snot-nosed "you are not the real game designers like me" article for Game Informer a few years ago. I'll never forget the undeserved superior tone. He was slamming the usual suspects, like action games, FPSs, multiple sequels, all easy targets. He rattled off a list of things needed in game design, all very generic and predictable. Of course a picture was included, wearing a man-necklace and a smug smirk. What a tool.

I think the article came out between "Crapland" and "Bad Day in LA". So history has been his own judge.

If I ignored the work of ever "artist" I didn't like or agree with I'd never listen to music or ever watch any movies. I haven't played any of his other stuff, I'll take your word for it its all crap, but Alice was brilliant. Whether he's a tool or not I hope the game is as brilliant as the original.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts