AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,257 Posts
I've had it on preorder even though there was no release date yet. Great movie.

S~

·
Super Moderator
16,257 Posts
Just got that one, too. Bummed.

S~

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Just Pre Ordered.... Awesome flick....:)

·
Super Moderator
16,257 Posts
Back to May 19th. yeah!

S~

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Video
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 2.40:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1

Audio
English: Dolby Atmos

Subtitles
English SDH, French, Spanish

Discs
50GB Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD)
UV digital copy
Digital copy
DVD copy

Packaging
Slipcover in original pressing

Playback
Region A

American Sniper (Steelbook) (Blu-ray/DVD) - Target Exclusive

American Sniper (Blu-ray/DVD)(Digital Copy)(w/Bonus Content)(Only @ Best Buy)

American Sniper (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) (With Ultraviolet) (Walmart Exclusive) (Widescreen)

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Any news on a Dolby Atmos track?

Atmos is pretty much non existent on this disc, I'm very disappointed , there very little use of the Atmos speakers throughout the full movie, a couple of bullets flying overhead, that's really about it! there are lots of fly overs etc in the movie, you hear the odd one very faint, not a lot comes from the overheads at all, I even switched my mains, sub and surrounds off, I even flicked through the chapters with just my Atmos speakers engaged just to make sure that there was nothing coming from my overheads, not good IMO. a bit like the Atmos soundtrack on last Transformers:mad:

Still a great movie from start to finish and the 5.1/7.1 is very good :wink:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Atmos is pretty much non existent on this disc, I'm very disappointed , there very little use of the Atmos speakers throughout the full movie, a couple of bullets flying overhead, that's really about it! there are lots of fly overs etc in the movie, you hear the odd one very faint, not a lot comes from the overheads at all, I even switched my mains, sub and surrounds off, I even flicked through the chapters with just my Atmos speakers engaged just to make sure that there was nothing coming from my overheads, not good IMO. a bit like the Atmos soundtrack on last Transformers:mad:

Still a great movie from start to finish and the 5.1/7.1 is very good :wink:
According to some who have experienced this movie in the theatre there is extensive - even called 'aggressive' - use of the overhead speakers. What is going wrong here?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Sounds like a bad home theatre mix to me. WB has screwed the pooch many times when it comes to remixing releases for home video.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts