AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system is slowly becoming a reality...

Here is the setup:

Speakers- Studio 100's (here)/CC (on the way)/20's (on the way)

Amp- Anthem MCA 3 (to power the center and surrounds

Amp-something 2 channel to power the studio 100's

Preamp-Lexicon DC-1

CD Player-Arcam DiVA 92

TV-Loewe Aconda (on the way)

Here are the amps I am considering:

Bryston 4BST (alone)

Bryston 3BST's (mono x2)

Bryston 3BST +4BST (bi-amp)

NAD S200

Anthem Amp2 SE

Rotel 1090

I really do like the Anthem hybrid, it has a lot of depth and dimension to the sound, and that is high on my list of priorities... I do like detail, but not at the expense of dimensionality... I was wondering if anyone has experience with these amps and if they could give their impressions with regard to soundstage, detail, image, laid back or not, and so forth. All of these dealers are 100 miles away so any advance help would be nice, as it is a challenge going to 4 stores 100 miles away, getting 4 amps, demoing them all side by side in a weekend, not easy.

Thanks,

-Bob

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bob,

I am currently using an Amp 2 SE with a pair of Studio 100s. I have a full Paradigm setup with the CC, studio 60s for sides and studio 40s for rears and 2 servo 15s. I have used in the past a Sunfire CG, Bryston 4B-ST, Parasound HCA-3500 and I also have an MCA-5 and MCA-3 and am using a Lexicon MC-1 as a processor. Drop me an e-mail if you like and we can discuss what I experienced with the amps I mentioned above. The Amp 2 SE is very musical and definitely worth an audition.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am using the Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature. It is great!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.