AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Most any amp you can find will run those easily. Your better off going used in that price range. I use an old sony str-de698 with optical inputs from my office pc. I found it used for $100 on craigslist, I saw the same kind go a few weeks ago for $60.

·
Registered
773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostaylo /forum/post/19595457

And btw. Not looking for features. Just need good sound quality, durability, Computer connectivity, 2 channels, and subwoofer connectivity.

what connection type will you use? If you do not need a digital connection the harman/kardon HK 3390 is perfect, but a little big.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
773 Posts
what kind of mac? my macbook pro can auto-sense digital out of the headphone outs. There is a 3.5mm to optical adapter cable for $12 that works with it. I imagine the new mini and imacs work the same way. BTW the 3390 is only $219 with free shipping from newegg, you have to add it to your cart to see the price.

·
Registered
932 Posts
what happened to the Polk Monitor 70s?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul /forum/post/0

what kind of mac? my macbook pro can auto-sense digital out of the headphone outs. There is a 3.5mm to optical adapter cable for $12 that works with it. I imagine the new mini and imacs work the same way. BTW the 3390 is only $219 with free shipping from newegg, you have to add it to your cart to see the price.

It's a 2009 iMac desktop. Can't remember the specs on it. That 3390 is tempting.

What is the benefit of optical connection?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAVADER /forum/post/0

what happened to the Polk Monitor 70s?

Oh. I still have those monitor 70s hooked up to the pioneer 920 in the living room. like em alot.

But I got a good deal on these sonys and thought they would be perfect to replace my logitech 2.1 system. I thought about using them as rears for my pioneer 920 setup but that would prob be a waste wouldn't you think?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts