AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide some suggestions for quality interconnects for a 5-ch. amp that won't break the bank?

Will be connecting a Rotel 1075 to a Yamaha 2200 receiver (non-balanced).

Also, I assume whatever is recommended would be suitable for connecting a DVD player to the receiver for DVD-A and SACD?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I don't know if you're an "anti-Monster Cable" type of person, but Monster does have some 5 channel cables in their regular cable line and their higher end M Series line. Priced $149 & $200 respectively for 2m.

Other than that you can pick up whatever brand of audio cable you prefer and get 3 pairs.

Troy

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Those "Monsters" as usual, are more than just a bit overpriced......

You can get a set of IXOS 5 channel amplifier cables.

In both a 1 meter length for $49.99, or a 2 meter length for $62.49 from HERE

And if you want to go the route of using a set that was made for SACD/DVD-Audio use, like those Monster sets are. Then HERE are a few more of those types of options, that go from $69.99 up to $90.00

Or you could just buy 3 sets of any number of brands, normal 2 channel audio interconnects and use them also. And still stay under $60 for a 5 channel "set" of them. Or spend even way more than that amount, if that's what you want to do...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff, thanks, guys. I probably will go with IXOS or something similar as $50 is about all I'm willing to spend on cable.

Tubeguy, you pointed someone else to a fantastic article on cable, interconnects, etc., over at Audioholics.com. A must read for all.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I bought a pair of Gold series A/V cables (3-way RCA) at Radio Shack for $24 for my 5.1 SACD/DVD-Audio connection. I used the yellow plugs for center and sub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.