AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide some suggestions for quality interconnects for a 5-ch. amp that won't break the bank?

Will be connecting a Rotel 1075 to a Yamaha 2200 receiver (non-balanced).

Also, I assume whatever is recommended would be suitable for connecting a DVD player to the receiver for DVD-A and SACD?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I don't know if you're an "anti-Monster Cable" type of person, but Monster does have some 5 channel cables in their regular cable line and their higher end M Series line. Priced $149 & $200 respectively for 2m.

Other than that you can pick up whatever brand of audio cable you prefer and get 3 pairs.

Troy

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Those "Monsters" as usual, are more than just a bit overpriced......

You can get a set of IXOS 5 channel amplifier cables.

In both a 1 meter length for $49.99, or a 2 meter length for $62.49 from HERE

And if you want to go the route of using a set that was made for SACD/DVD-Audio use, like those Monster sets are. Then HERE are a few more of those types of options, that go from $69.99 up to $90.00

Or you could just buy 3 sets of any number of brands, normal 2 channel audio interconnects and use them also. And still stay under $60 for a 5 channel "set" of them. Or spend even way more than that amount, if that's what you want to do...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good stuff, thanks, guys. I probably will go with IXOS or something similar as $50 is about all I'm willing to spend on cable.

Tubeguy, you pointed someone else to a fantastic article on cable, interconnects, etc., over at Audioholics.com. A must read for all.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I bought a pair of Gold series A/V cables (3-way RCA) at Radio Shack for $24 for my 5.1 SACD/DVD-Audio connection. I used the yellow plugs for center and sub.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've been replacing all my old monster cables with cables from Blue Jeans Cables. They're equally well made, and much, much less expensive. The real bonus is that they don't have the "grip of death" that monster products have.

Blue Jeans Cables

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.