AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I hooked up my JBL 4311's up as surrounds on my receiver and then I set it up to only power those. When I turned it up to see how much bass I could get out of it I noticed it distorted heavily with barely any bass output (drivers barely moving, if at all). The reason why this confuses me is that my old Scott amp from the early 70s was able to push the drivers to their limit with barely any distortion. I'm thinking that either A. the receiver's amps for the rears are weak (it's able to drive the mains pretty hard), B. the 40 foot wire run has an effect, or C. I'm just not giving the receiver the proper source. I may be able to switch the impedance selector on the receiver and use the JBL's as mains along with the current mains ( I don't know what effect this would have) and use the old surrounds as surrounds again. Maybe I could look into a processor so I can send certain channels to the receiver and others to the Scott for more power if amplfier power is the issue. It could be a power supply issue as well.

I think I see a new processor and amp in the future...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah I think I'll try the JBL's as mains and see how that works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.