AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am finally closing in on the end of my home theater build and need to make some of my final equipment decisions.  This will be the first time I am using a sub and LFEs.

I need a recommendation on which amp would be best for two subs.  I am building two 15" subs using the Titanic woofers.  How much power and what type of amp is recommended?  Can I run both subs from a single two channel amp, or is it better to buy two amps?

I am also going to be installing Butt Kicker Advanced LFEs on my theater seats.  There will be two rows of 4 seats.  I have wired each row independently and can run each chair separately, or wire them in series.  What type of amp is recommended for this application?  I would love to be able to control each chair independently, or even turn each on or off, but I don't know if that is possible if they are wired in series.  I would like to avoid having a rack full of amps just to drive the Butt Kickers.

For both solutions I am looking for something that is rack mountable.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I tried to do a search, but didn't find the information I was looking for.

thanks,

Nick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts