AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an amp to run a dual ported 12" lmsr project. Want something that will have plenty of power to push them preferably with some sort of DSP or high pass filter adjustment. Seen posting on Behringer, crown and QSC. Thoughts on those models? I have seen that Vega and Peavey make some but looking for a little input.

thanks

·
Registered
12,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstloukal1  /t/1467677/amp-selection-for-dual-12-lmsr-project#post_23196833

is this what you are currently running. If so how is the tuning. how low can the high pass be set. I am looking to adjust down to around 15hz.

If you do a sealed sub it could be made to be flat to 10hz.

The DCX is limited to 20hz, but with a negative low-pass shelf it can be tricked to be flat all the way down 10hz before rolling off. Or you can turn it off and be flat to the limits of the DSP (~5hz).

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
The XTi's are a horrible amp; just get a MA-5050 or CV-5000 or a CE-4000 or a clone.

The only solid XTi is the 6000.

I upgraded from a Velodyne 1250, to a LT 1300 to a XTI-4000 to a EP-4000 to a clone and an itech 8000.

The clone's and iTech's are good, the rest are a waste of your time and money, for high-excursion subs anyways. I sort-of regret buying the other amps and I'm slowly migrating away from them, I mean they work and output several hundred watts, but their infrasonic performance, peak output, and thermal handling, is something ungreat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts