AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently picked up 2 sealed boxes with 2x Dayton 18 Ho's in each box. They have the ability to be wired in 2 or 8 ohm loads, but I was leaning towards 8 ohm and pairing them with a single Inuke 6000DSP, one box per channel.

The 6000 was measured at 1160w @ 8 ohms @ 31hz, so essentially we would be providing ~ 580 watts to each woofer. I recently measured each box and my meter is reporting ~ a 6.5ohm load (analog volt meter :p). A second look at the specs shows that these woofers are 3.4 ohms.

Is it safe to assume that I will be running a 6.8 ohm load and, if my math is correct, essentially be providing 680 watts to each woofer from an Inuke6000?

How much headroom would I be giving up by going with a cheaper Inuke over a much more expensive solution?

Edit: To sum up my thoughts (and for those not familiar with these drivers), what amps do you guys recommended for under $1000 USD:

1) 2 channels driven @ 2000-3000 watts (2 ohms)
or
2) 2 channels driven @ 1600-2000 watts (8 ohms)

2 separate units bridged @ 8 ohms is also a consideration.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are you asking?
You already have the numbers.
I am rather new to the world of subs. The drivers say 900 watts, 1800 max, what should I be aiming for? Will 680 watts be noticeably hindering? Trying to future proof myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FWIW I use a cv-5000 for 4 of the same subs in the same alignment, wired in 2ohm per channel. I don't buy Behringer amps though.
Wow that unit is a beast! :eek: 83 pounds! Are the fans terribly loud? I'm sure at 2 ohms they must have to push some air. Not a bad price either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts