AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until I finalize my amplification for my 7.1 setup I am looking for some recommendations for a two channel amp under $500 (used) that can drive my Diva R3's.

I was using my Denon 4800 for the back surrounds and my Sherbourn 5/1500A amp for the other five channels.

I recently bought the Outlaw 950 and will be moving the Denon into duty in a different room.

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
468 Posts
Try eBay, I noticed an SAE 2200 amp for 250 buy it now dollars yesterday that looked in good shape. I use one of these for my rear surrounds on a 7.1 setup. These are older amps (mine is about 20 years old) but tough, rated at 100 watts into 4 & 8 ohms. No fan, you must leave the top vented, and they last a long time. I would buy it for some tactile transducers, but my auto insurance is due.

PS: I used one channel of tis amp to drive my SVS 16-46CS for awhile without any problems. When you are done, you can sell it on eBay again, and who knows, maybe I'll buy it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
norh le-amp

my neighbor has a pair- he's a two channel purrist and swears that these are excelant-hooked up to a old pair of maggies i think they sound awsome. a lot better than the amps in my yamaha rxv1

when i got my yamaha i took it over to hear what it souned like with his maggies and it cant come close to the le-amp

i wish a had enough george to get them for all around

·
Registered
488 Posts
also try an adcom gfa555.

you can get one for about $300. on ebay, or audiogon.

---should be well enough for your rears, as i have one driving my front towers.

:D

a powerfull 200 wpc amp, that supplies plenty of juicy current.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.