AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying 5 new VMPS speakers- RM40s, LRC, and Dipole Surrounds. I had been seriously looking at the Theta CB2/DN2 combo to drive them. My question is what amp is known to pair well with the VMPS ribbon design?

Bob

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why don't you call Brian Cheney and ask him? If you don't know Brian is the genius behind VMPS and he had only one employee when I had a pair of his speakers. I have been to his shop on a few occasions and he will definitely help you out.

mark

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the RM40s in my HT: 2 RM40s for L&R, 1 LRC, and 2 RM40s for RL & RR. I'm using the big Brystons 600wpc dual-monos 14B SSTs for the 40s and the mono 7B SST for the LRC. They sound truly amazing with lots of POWER!

Feel free to send me a PM to give you a source where to find them at a significant discount.

G-3

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am using the Pass Labs X350 on my RM 40 TRT with terrific results, and also an X350 on my RM40s in the rear. I use a Crown K2 on the VMPS New Larger Sub. Brian Cheney recommends and uses the Ampzilla 2000. These are supposed to be an excellent match for the RM40. Brian also like Pass and Plinius.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.