AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be completely revamping my theater over the coming year. I want to buy equipment in stages so I can get exactly what I want without hurting the wallet all at once. My theater is in a dedicated space that I built for it with full sound deadening and dedicated 20 amp circuits. The room is 14x23x7'10". I have Def Tech BP7000sc mains, CLR3000 center, BPX side surrounds and BP2X rear surrounds. Currently I'm using a Marantz 7500 receiver with an Acurus 200X3 amp driving the front stage (it's going to be for sale within the next week if anyone's interested). I want to go to a dedicated prepro/amp combo and I love the sound of Anthem gear. My question is this: will an Anthem PVA 7 (rated at 105 wattsx7 all channels driven at 8 ohms) drive this system without strain? My guess is it should as the Def Techs are fairly efficient and my room isn't huge, but I'd like some opinions on this.

I'm giving up my theater space for about 6 months to my mom who will be staying with me while she recuperates from an operation, so I want to buy the amp first (as the technology won't go out of date), then a new screen, with a projector, HD or BluRay player, and prepro coming later.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.