AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, just wanted to let you know we got our review build of Amped 2 from Microsoft today. Amped 2 is their XSN Sports Snowboarding game.

And when I fired it up, my TV switched to 720p mode. And of course it lists it as 720p in the sales sheet. :) It looks freaking beautiful. That's all I can say for now, but I'll give you guys some screenshots as soon as I can.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks, Michael. It's great news that Microsoft is actually releasing something in 720p. Hopefully that will encourage others.

Now if they'd just do that with Inside Drive. :)

Do you know of any other 720p titles in development?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing else in the collective that I can see. We've got builds of every current Microsoft game coming to the end of the year. Amped 2 is currently the only one. But it's a start, right?

Links 2004 may not need it BTW, it looks THAT good.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Wow, and Amped 1 was one of the better looking games out there. I gave up on it because it was a little bit too hard...

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jcardona: Yeah, I don't blame you. All I know is that the build I am playing right now is 720p. I have a much MUCH better relationship with Microsoft than I do with Visual Concepts, so I will have better communication as the retail copy comes out.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I will watch the user reviews myself regarding 720.

For anyone who has never visited, check out the link in Michaels post above for an excellent game site.

Nice job on Next Level Gaming Michael!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the kind words Wakey. It's a love of the industry. I'm a computer tech by day, and I run NLG as somewhat of a hobby, but taken very seriously. I love the video game business and that's what drives our content. We're not always the first out with a review, but we try to be the most comprehensive. I'm a gamer, I don't sit in a cubicle and play games. I play my games on my big screen with my HT sound system on my couch with my feet up. That's how I review, because that's how people buy games.

Anyway, thanks again.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Any widescreen, i.e, 16:9 games coming out? I'd really love it if like Rainbow Six 3 or XIII were widescreen, although I'm sure it won't happen. Oh.....Ninja Gaiden I bet is, though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hollismb
Any widescreen, i.e, 16:9 games coming out? I'd really love it if like Rainbow Six 3 or XIII were widescreen, although I'm sure it won't happen. Oh.....Ninja Gaiden I bet is, though.
BUMP on the widescreen thing

Is there anyone that previews games or any site where I can find out what new games will be 16:9? I too am interested in XIII.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You never know with games until they're released, unfortunately. I've yet to see truly proven information anywhere, and I'm sure many of us have looked. I've even written IGN before tellign them how badly they need to include this accurate information in previews/reviews. Alas, I'm sure they're judging graphics off a standard 27 inch tv made by RCA or some crap, and have no knowledge whatsoever. The only reason I can assume Ninja Gaiden is widescreen is because all other tecmo games are, and the shots back that assumption up. Resolution and aspect ratio are always up in the air with games, and I think we can all agree it's annoying. Why can't they just publish specs like with dvds to make us all happy? Boo-hoo. This even coming from a guy with a 4:3 hdtv. If I owned widescreen I'd go Shawshank on gaming sites and send them an email a day or something.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hollismb
If I owned widescreen I'd go Shawshank on gaming sites and send them an email a day or something.
Good idea, I think that's what I'll start doing:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Michael, thanks for the preview.

I am pretty excited about this game BUT will it stand up to the SSX series. SSX was that first and TRICKY was the last game I played on my PS2. I am very very much over PS2 but I loved that series. Also, as online is the only way to play, I won't be satisfied with SSX3 on the XBOX.

So will I be creeping back to Sony with my tail between my legs or does amped 2 have the legs. I would love to be able to stop buying EA games for XBOX in protest but I don't want to miss out on a great game.

oh so concerned, thanks John :confused:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Amped and SSX are two different games. SSX is very arcadeish/unrealistic. Amped 2 has a LOT of gameplay to it. Both are fun. But you are right about one thing, SSX will not be online on the Xbox.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.