AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a subwoofer amplifier (350W+ RMS) for a subwoofer project I am doing. I'd like to spend less than $200 CAD. I would prefer an external amp that has a HPF (For stereo speaker output) and an LPF for the subwoofer. It would also be nice to have a subsonic filter for ported projects. I am merging from a very successful stint (5 years) in the car audio scene into home audio and finding home audio very interesting.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies,

Trevor

·
Registered
15 Posts
OK -- I changed the crossover to 50 and set the Acoustic Eq to front align. It definitely sounds more robust and the bass has more of a full feel to it. In what instances would one set the crossover at 200? Just curious...

Someone was kidding around about reading the manual -- I think it's time for me to stick my nose back in there and learn more of the advanced controls and specs. Since my initial set up and some basic changes, I haven't tweaked too many settings, and when I do, I'm worried that I may be screwing something up. As I haven't had decent receiver since my college days, I have a lot to learn with these newer and snazzier components.

I'll keep checking back for tips as I become more fluent -- thanks for the input.

Gumbo

Quasi novice but soon to become brilliant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.