AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just bought an Ampro 2000D from Curt and im wondering what resoloution i should run from my HTPC. What's the best for this unit? (BTW, it's one of the 0 hour ones :) ). Im still waiting for my screen and sound card but it STILL looks better than an LCD (while projecting on my blinds) ...hey ..it's "pixelated" but at least the black level's good ;). Any help would be great, can it resolve 1280x720?.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
This is a quote from Robert Wood on the subject (sorry for speaking for you, Bob):

"The sweet spot for the 2000D is 1024x768 @ 72Hz. The graphics version will do higher resolutions.

Bob"

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Line tripling for the most part, but with the 0 hour tubes you might be able to go quadding for about 2000 hours. I have found that ES focus tubes are razor sharp for about 2000-3000 hours, then soften up a bit as the tube ages.

It's a property of the tube, not of the AmPro.

Curt

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey welll if Curt say's it can handle quading then 1280x720 should be okay right?. I hope it is as playing with other resolutions (like 1024x576) is a pain. Hey, one thing guys, i can run 1280x768 (yes 768) fine with anamorphic squeeze (lowering the v-size) BUT if i try 1280x720 or any other widescreen resolution; the desktop is messed up, its zoomed in and you have to scroll left and right to see the rest of the picture. Does anyone know what's wrong? Any help would be great.

- Stormwolf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.