AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting an Ampro 2000G, sans manual. So first things first, anyone have a source for a manual? =)

Second, it's not setup to test from a video source which is sketchy, and the seller said the following:

I don't have it hooked up, sorry. If you turn it on you will see on gun (light) working and if you fool around with the remote you can get the other to work. I've tried but couldn't get all the guns to light up at the same time, I was told that I need to learn more about the remote but I don't have the time. Whom ever buys it can figure it out.

Does that indicate a problem with the unit, or is it indeed just a configuration issue?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Caveat emptor.

Most of the Ampros I have seen come with a quad video card. You can feed a vcr directly into it with a composite or s-vhs cable to test it.

The seller's description would make me think twice about buying it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good point -- As for only 1 (or 2) guns firing up, any idea on that? If it's actually possible that this is normal behavior (albeit improperly configured) I'm willing to take a shot on it, otherwise I probably won't waste my time.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Could be that 2 of the tubes are "cutoff". The remote allows you to toggle the tubes on and off by hitting the cutoff button followed by the button for the tube you want to toggle on or off. Codes 65, 66 and 67 can be used on the newer 8" and 9" projectors (and may also work on the 2000) to toggle the red, green and blue tubes respectively.

You might have the seller try to get the other tubes to come on using the cutoff button.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for that info.

The seller doesn't seem to know much about the unit, he's selling at least one other projector along with a ton of other gadgets so I'll probably have to do this myself.

The cut-off button does indeed exist on the 2000G remote. I assume the cut off button brings up a menu on the LCD, so this should be pretty straight-forward?

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.