AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of PVT36P288X2394 HVPS with similar but different G-2 problems. One drops slightly upon warm up, not enough to give a error code and the other comes on normal, then the G-2 drops out for a few minutes giving a "low G-2" error, then pops back in and is fine for the rest of the time the PJ is on. I'm confident that the problem is within the supplies as I've tested them both in two known working projectors and both exibited the same problem in both projectors. I've had fairly good luck repairing 2000/4000 supplies that have OK high voltage sections but have never had a 3600/4600 supply apart. I'm going to open one of these up tonight and see if I can trace the G-2 back through the supply.

Has anyone here had any luck repairing the G-2 section of these supplies?

Thanks,

Chip

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn, no brave souls. Looks like I'll be swimming in un-charted waters :eek:

Not to be scared. It's only an AmPro, right Bruce ;) The one in front of me has been opened before as the phillips countersunk screw heads are bunged up. I'll start with this one. I'll be back soon to report on how to fillet a 36/4600 HVPS :D

Chip

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, let's put this one back together, install it and fire it up. Way to easy to even report on.

Chip

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chip.

I resoldered all the fillets in the unpotted areas of my 3600 power supplies. I did not see any hot spots on the boards or cold joints as I did with the 2000's. The work appeared to be high quality.

·
Registered
447 Posts
What do you guys do when testing a HVPS?

The one thing I absolutely hate about HVPS hacking in the Ampro is that pulling it out/apart and putting it back to gether and in the PJ takes a huge amount of work because of all the damn screws and the fact that that the HVPS is built so it has to be completely disassembled before you can start any work.

Any idea what it would take to fire up a HVPS outside the PJ?

I guess it would be happy to run without a load as long as the correct control signals are supplied, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.