AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought two Ampro 3600. I just wonder if there is any "weak points" in this projectors, like components that needs extra cooling?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Outstanding pj...however the neck boards could use extra cooling. I simply punched 1.5" holes directly above the neck board heat sinks, then duct taped off some of the rear venting that doesn't have any need for air flow, you can see the areas that need to be left open by where the heatsinks are located. I also used temp probes on several of those heatsinks. Neck board temps went from 140 degrees down to about 110.

At 150 degrees, I also felt the focus board needed help, this was easy, simply locate the three larger transistor on it's heatsink, I think they are laid out one in the center, and one right, one left...then enlarging the venting directly below those three larger transistors. The temp of that whole heatsink dropped to about 114 degrees! You don't have to enlarge much!

The thing to remember is this, the 3600 cools by pressurizing the chassis with it's three fans all blowing inward...by adding three 1.5" holes and enlarging the opening below the large focus transistors, you are dropping the internal pressure...you must make this up by taping some of the rear venting, and perhaps up front, between the tube mounts and chassis. I taped about half of the open areas up there also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.