AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought an old Ampro 7100 light valve projector for round about 150$ and wanted to experiment a little and see what for a picture is possible with old and heavy beast ( till now I thought my 1292 was heavy...)
. Unfortunately almost no documentation can be found in the internet, so I was wondering if some people in the forum had experiences with this beamer or perhaps know where to get some documentation.

Every help is appreciated!

prover

·
Registered
83 Posts
that is one very interesting projector you found there.

I found this brochure online. You `can see how it works(sort of) and figure out what it's really capable of.

Just try setting it up. Chances are it's already converged and ready to go. Just maybe not for the distance or screen size you prefer. From what I read on that brochure the lenses really decide where you get to mount your projector(far back,close up,on the ceiling)

And post some pictures when you get it going!

Cheers,

Rudy

Hahaha i forgot the link http://www.walvisions.com/ArchivePag...0_brochure.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had already tried both site (devicemanual and walvisions) without any success. The projector works so far and I can project a 1080p picture over RGB that looks good at the first glance, but in the menu of the machine I can't find a simple operation to change the orientation of the projection (unit is setup for ceiling projection).

Regarding this I try to figure out if I have to make similar changes for the CRT-guns as for my other CRT-projectors or not. This is turning difficult whitout any documentation at all

Thanx anyway,

prover

·
Registered
83 Posts
From what I read on that link I posted it says they sell a wide assortment of lenses that let you mount it far away, close up, on the ground, or on the ceiling. I THINK that you change those types of things by buying different lenses.

There is more than just the CRT in there and I don't think the same kind of adjustments can be made due to the extra electronics in between the CRT and lens. And if there was, they would probably be in the menu. Or would be a switch. Either way you'll need to probably open it up. Or a special service menu....

The way they advertise this projector makes it seem like it's meant for your average user and does not require a technician to set up. That is another reason I think that the lenses are what really change it from ceiling to floor. They list 5 ways of mounting it. And show you 5 lenses Plus one little weird black thing and something that looks like a electronic connector(possibly for switching from ceiling to floor). You might be stuck with the ceiling :S

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prover /forum/post/18195493

I had already tried both site (devicemanual and walvisions) without any success. The projector works so far and I can project a 1080p picture over RGB that looks good at the first glance, but in the menu of the machine I can't find a simple operation to change the orientation of the projection (unit is setup for ceiling projection).

Regarding this I try to figure out if I have to make similar changes for the CRT-guns as for my other CRT-projectors or not. This is turning difficult whitout any documentation at all

Thanx anyway,

prover

There are three long boards in the cage section. The middle board has a small PCB (2-3cm sq) plugged in along the top edge. Unplug this board and reinstall opposite of original to flip the image vertically. Of coarse, turn off the projector and unplug from the mains before doing this. The horizontal image might be backwards after doing the vertical swap. There is a pair of connnectors with several wires between them that when swapped will reverse the horizontal image. Once again turn off projector when changing the orientation.

Scott

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was factory trained on the 7100 about 12 years ago and I doubt that I remember much, but let me know what it's doing and I'll try to help you out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If your brave enough to work on the GE, you might be brave enough to try the Hughes/JVC light valve. Still a major undertaking, but much better documented then then the GE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts