AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ampro 3600 has an option called "Intensity Mapping"...each gun is sectioned into 9 zones, and each zone can then be adjusted for output...sounds like a great way to cut down or remove color shifting.

However this option is not available on the unit I'm using.

Do any 3600 owners have this option, and is it worth trying to find/purchase?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
"Do any 3600 owners have this option, and is it worth trying to find/purchase?"

I'm not an Ampro owner, but that circuit sounds like the "constrast modulation" circuit in the Marquee 8500/9500 projectors.

That circuit allowed color drive or contrast adjustment in 9 different zones on each CRT , we used it for multi-display sysytems (video walls), when more than one projector was used to display a single image. Contrast adjustment in zones was very necessary for even color (drive)matching/transition between the different displays.

Totally useless for single display home theater use, I usually remove that board from the projector...

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now, when I put up a 80 to 100 IRE screen I have a certain amount of color shifting...Blue on the right, Red on the left...couldn't this reduce that?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KennyG
Right now, when I put up a 80 to 100 IRE screen I have a certain amount of color shifting...Blue on the right, Red on the left...couldn't this reduce that?
Yes, it could somewhat improve that problem, but with color shifting you should want to get to the source of the problem.

Are all three colors even in intensity from 40 to 100 IRE, I would check for intensity shift on each tube first. It's normal for blue to lag, but abnormal for it to lag on one side of the screen. You might even try swapping necks boards.

Color shift as such could also be a defective cable. Two out of the three RGB cables are truly 75 ohm while one may have a crimp or bend in the cable, or even a BNC connector that could cause an impedance mismatch problem, you'll need a TDR or swap cables for this.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps that's my problem...I can't seem to get the G2 set correctly.

I also need an O-scope for certain voltage settings on the CRT amps...I'm working on getting one I used to have back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.