AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm playing around with my 4600HD trying to figure this out. I must be missing a step here. Let's start with what I have and what I'd like to do.

First, all my sources are connected to my NEC 6010 switcher. For now I've set up and validated channel 23 for HD sat. and channel 24 for scaled DVD.

Channel 23 is 1080I and channel 24 is 720P. Both write protected and validated. Channel auto-search is toggled on. With both sources on shouldn't I be able to select a source at the switcher and have the projector recognize the signal and switch to it. What am I doing wrong here? Eventually, I'd like to end up with four memory locations, full and wide screen for both frequencies. Most of my sat viewing is full screen and most of my DVD is wide screen. Thanks,

Chip

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chip,

Yes, "Channel Auto-Search Mode" (27-code) watches the incoming signal for changes (H/V frequency) and copies data from previously setup (and validated) channels.

You cannot be on one of the validated or write protected (20 code) channels as these are ...uh.. write protected. Switch to an unused channel and then it should work.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what are you telling me? It does'nt select channel 23 for my HD viewing but copies the info to a unused channel that I've pre-selected? Bitchslap me, I just don't get it. So what happeneds when you have matching freq's just different aspect ratios? Does it select the lowest number in the channel list like a NEC? I'm not hanging this mother up until I understand this part of the menu structure better. There has to be a seamless transition between the NEC 9PG and the Ampro 4600HD or the wife will transition me out the door. I have the NEC set up to pre select the most used aspect ratio when it's signal is provided. For the most part, the power button is the only thing used on the NEC remote.

Chip

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chip,

Thanks for asking this question! I had forgotten about the A-S Mode and had been manually changed channels. Having more than 2 assigned memories made this a pain for me and something the wife absoluted hated! I hope you get this working on your 4600.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chip,

Apparently, Ampros copies the channel that matches frenquency. Even though you can store many different characteristics (clamping, balck level, size, color info) per channel, I so not see how the auto-search know which one you want for a particular frequency.

I Just checked and I do not see my 3600 pick between aspect ratios at the same frequency(s). Seems like I get the 720P setup. However, it did a good job of picking memories with only 10 kz or so variation. I do not know how (or if) it would tell 4:3 from 16:9 at the same frequency. How does the NEC detect an aspect ratio or other input specific change such as brightness/color?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Chip,

When you change sources does the Ampro search for a new channel? It should.

Do you still have the factory info stored in the higher channels (42-50)? You may need to erase these channels.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thanks for reminding me about this feature guys. I'd totally forgotten it was built into the newer models. Hope you get it sorted out. It should really minimize the need for an ir transmitter and receiver to tie the projector into an integrated Home Theater system.

Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.