AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the Ampro Light Valve projectors? Are they worth considering for home theater?

Jeff

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

But really they are orphens unless you can order parts(over seas) or get them from us. The lamps are a little high in price but easy to find.

This unit is bar none best one to use if you have the extra room you need to keep it in while you shoot the image through the wall into your HT and on to your screen.

But to be real you other PJ will work just fine and you won't need a extra room.

See Ya,

C

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know the specs on these projectors? Resolution? Throw Ratio? etc. Or do you know of an online resource that has info on them? Why do you need an extra room? Are they that loud?

Jeff

·
Registered
130 Posts
JEFF,

Yes you do need an extra room if you don't want to hear the fan noise coming from the projector.They are noisy like the BARCO LC projectors.They are good for big presentation and other professional applications.HomeTheater,yes but you have to put up with some noise and setting up the projector to fit in your HT set-up.

Goodluck whatever you do with it.

KC>>>>>

·
Registered
130 Posts
Whats up? CHRIS,

How's your AMPRO projector???It's nice to see you finally in this forum.Welcome!!! KC>>>>>

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would I want the 7100 or 7000? I can get them for about $500.00. Is this a good price?

Jeff

·
Registered
283 Posts
How can I find a Manual/Service for a Ampro 7000 light valve?

These are really big TANKS!!!

I founds some Bulbs doing searchs for around $500.00

Darin>>>>>

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.