AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me a couple of months to build my home theater, but now i'm back in "buisness".

I have asked this before, but did'nt get any solution to my problem. My Ampro 2000G with less than 500 hour's on the tube and chassis, is causing me serius convergence problems. Some times the red and green just drifts slowly from perfect (right after set up), to being allmost half an inch from green, within one our. On other occasions i can sit and watch how one of the two drifts to the same range within a sec or two, just to find their way back to allmost perfect, in a split sec....?? I'm using a htcp to run the PJ, powerstrip to control refreshrates at a 1024x768 res. Graphic is controlled by the Nvidia Gforce FX5200. I have a Inline 2001 VGA to RGBH converter between the htpc to PJ. I am able to get perfect convergence when i set the PJ up, and that's it. I toggle freq. validate, and within the our the drift shows up. Would appreciate recomendation for a board replacement.

Thanx for listening.

Larsbo.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The problem could be one of the transistors on the registration amplifier board (small swing out module), or the registration board itself (large swing out module).

Examine the solder side of the registration amp board for bad solder points on the transistors attached to the big heatsink.

Make sure any socketed IC's on the registration board are fully seated in the sockets. Examine the solder side of the registration power board (small board next to the board with an aluminum cover) for bad solder points on the transistors attached to the heatsink.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I've got lots of spare boards if you want to exchange one or two to try, Email me below..

Thanks!

Curt'

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thurman I will start by checking the things you mensioned.

Curt I'll send you a mail right away.

Thanks for your time.

Larsbo

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And by the way...

If it is'nt one of the two boards, then what could then be broken??

Larsbo

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
If it isn't those boards it could be you are simply overusing electronic convergence to begin with. With no convergence you want your picture as close to lined up as possible. Turn off convergence and make sure you have all physical and hands on adjustments at least close to where things should be.

just a suggestion, I didn't read the whole thread... Maybe you did.

Troy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
If the color that is drifting out of convergence also loses focus slightly it could be the HVPS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i'm pretty sure i have everything allmost properly aligned before electronic adjustment. on top of that i am able to tilt my screen about 20 degrees to meet the PJ more equal. I allmost dont use master keystone correction. I forgot to mension the problem also occurs sometimes switching the PJ on and off. And i'm happy to say it dont loose focus in any way.

Larsbo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.