AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the manual. X600 vertical board, where is vertical phase control located on this board. The vertical phase drifts slowly with warm-up to the point that it is out of control range. I swapped out the board with a spare and now I'd like to fix this one for back-up. You just can't have enough spare Ampro parts. :rolleyes:

Chip

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chip,

The Vertical Deflection Module (80986).tif schematic for the x600 is too large to attach. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the 80986

Allen ygm

Chip

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allen sent me the schematic via e-mail twice and I can't make it work. I try to save it and it goes to la la land. Anyone care to take a stab at where the vertical phase controls are on this board or have an idea why the vertical phase wigs out when it warms up. I replaced the board and the PJ works fine. I'd just like to fix this board so that I have a complete back-up projector, or two, or three. OK I got more than three but less than ten.

Chip

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm about to blow my brains out :rolleyes: I downloaded the manual and it only went to section 9. Section 10 is the schematics. Gimmy a friggin hammer, I'll fix it ;)

Chip

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going to go after this problem tonight.

Chip

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS
Oh great name for a website Allen.
I don't know if that was aimed at me or it's his was at getting a dig in at AmPro's expense ;)

After poking around, it looks like R-33 which is a 220K resistor. It looks like it's been getting hot and does not test consistantly. I don't have a 220K resistor in my limited collection, so I'll go to rat shack and pick one up. In the mean time, as it the phase drifts with heat, I'll let it run in the 3600 till it screws up then see if I can dust it with some component cooler spray, if I can get at it with the board in-place. Here's where an extender card would come in handy ;)

Chip

·
Registered
282 Posts

stefuel said:
I don't know if that was aimed at me or it's his was at getting a dig in at AmPro's expense ;)

LOL! Actually this was my son's dig at " http://adequacy.org/ " where Linux bashing seems to be common. Being a Penquin Lover, he seems to have a thin skin when it comes to someone picking on his freeware operating system or open standards. Sounds a lot like our love of RGB Output vs the proprietary connections don't it?

I only noticed that it was a questionable place for Ampro data storage when WTS mentioned it :) It's hard to bash a brand when thats all you have ever owned and have had excellent results to boot. I'm waiting to Chip to cart that 4600HD to the curb so I can pick it up.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
CHip,

Just make sure its a metal film resistor not a carbon comp resistor. If its getting hot I would look elsewhere for the real cause.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Robert A. Hill said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel

LOL! Actually this was my son's dig at " http://adequacy.org/ " where Linux bashing seems to be common. Being a Penquin Lover, he seems to have a thin skin when it comes to someone picking on his freeware operating system or open standards. Sounds a lot like our love of RGB Output vs the proprietary connections don't it?

I only noticed that it was a questionable place for Ampro data storage when WTS mentioned it :) It's hard to bash a brand when thats all you have ever owned and have had excellent results to boot. I'm waiting to Chip to cart that 4600HD to the curb so I can pick it up.
Don't hold your breath. Even though it's been a love hate relationship (me and my AmPro), I'm getting too old to lug it out to the curb ;) so it'll have to stay :p

I found some interesting reading in the service manual as to a question I posted a while back about balancing the left and right EM focus. I believe it's called focus phasing and it is adjustable via a hidden pot. Can't remember which one but it's under that metal cover on the reggie board I think.

Chip

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Yes I seem to remember something about that too. tse was going to get the procedures for setting some of those parts that were left out of the service manual. I must remember to get my fax number to him for those, because they are in hard copy only.

Very odd why R33, a 220K resistor would be getting hot, if its getting hot then you may have to replace the 4046 PLL.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

stefuel said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A. Hill
Don't hold your breath. Even though it's been a love hate relationship (me and my AmPro), I'm getting too old to lug it out to the curb ;) so it'll have to stay :p

I found some interesting reading in the service manual as to a question I posted a while back about balancing the left and right EM focus. I believe it's called focus phasing and it is adjustable via a hidden pot. Can't remember which one but it's under that metal cover on the reggie board I think.

Chip
There are two alignment adjustments hidden under the metal cover. One adjusts the horizontal phase of the convergence, the other is for the dynamic focus modulation. I'm not near any documentation so I don't know the R numbers. I posted the information a couple of weeks ago.

About the resistor, it would take more than 200V across a 220K 1/4W resistor to make it hot.

Here is the post about the adjustments. There is a sequence to setting them and I can't recall right now which one is set first.

There is an adjustment on the Horiz/Vert PLL board 81302 (the small board on the registration board that has the metal cover) that adjusts the phase relationship of the horizontal dynamic focus and the raster. It is R44, a single turn pot.

R4 adjusts the horizontal phase of the registration waveforms in relation to the raster. It is also a single turn pot.

The multiturn pots are for alignment. Don't mess with those.

When you move the raster position by turning the focus magnet you will probably have to readjust the beam centering neck magnets and maybe the stig magnets, too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.