AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What board in a 4600 handles control of phase? I came home tonight and found the vertical phase moving around. It's not jumping around. It's sort of mushing up and down but keeps getting higher and higher like it's trying to make up it's mind to roll or not. It's the same on all sources and all channels. Vertical sync problem?

Thanks,

Chip

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thinking that the problem might also be with the NEC 6010 I have hooked up here, I swithced the output from RGBHV to RGBS and tried again with no improvement. Before I start swapping boards from the 3600 I have here, I'm going to take the NEC out of the loop and try connecting directly to my BNC modded Momitsu and see what happeneds.

Chip

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I got home from work today and decided I better get to the bottom of this phase thing before dinner cause it's my son's birthday today, with people coming over who will want to watch movies. I fire up the projector and it's running fine now. Whatta you bet it screws up tonight with a half dozen children watching Sponge Bob. Can't fix it if it ain't broke.

Chip

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, as the projector warms up, it's ability to hold vertical phase lessens. Horizontal phase seems un-effected.

Chip

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Chip, your mumbling!

How long will it take to pull that NEC out of the closet?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If you need your scaler or RGB108 back I can deliver it on the quick.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All fixed. I love having a parts pig :D I've got to fix the vertical board that I swapped out. Thanks to tse for directing me to the correct board so that I wouldn't have to pull one at a time till it cleared up. Now to fix this one so that I continue to have a working pig in stock ;)

Chip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.