AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have Amy Winehouse Told You I Was Trouble Blu-ray?

She may not be everybody's cup of tea but has a jazzy voice and if the Blu-ray has good PQ and SQ it may be worth getting.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Dude /forum/post/15477412

She has a face that was made for radio.

And a voice that's made to be heard. I hope she gets herself together. I honestly didn't like her one bit, but I changed my mind recently. She's really talented, and if she could focus on her career a little more...

·
Registered
640 Posts
cocaine is a helluva drug

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax /forum/post/15475999

Some thing should never be in hidef....

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "oh no, Amy Winehouse in hi-def....that's worse than corporal punishment".

·
Registered
274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo /forum/post/15477566

And a voice that's made to be heard. I hope she gets herself together. I honestly didn't like her one bit, but I changed my mind recently. She's really talented, and if she could focus on her career a little more...

Exactly, she's perfect for the radio. I might want see her on BD during Halloween.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax /forum/post/15475999

Some thing should never be in hidef....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Dude /forum/post/15477412

She has a face that was made for radio.

The wife and I caught her in an HD performance on DirecTV.

After 5 minutes, she looked at me and I looked at her...

I quickly hit the CHANNEL UP button....

Britney I can rationalize, but how does one explain the fame/success of someone who has NO talent?

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/15482341

Britney I can rationalize, but how does one explain the fame/success of someone who has NO talent?

She has... But her irresponsible behavior is why everybody hates her now.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/15482341

The wife and I caught her in an HD performance on DirecTV.

After 5 minutes, she looked at me and I looked at her...

I quickly hit the CHANNEL UP button....

The sad thing is that her album Back to Black is amazing. Her voice reminds me of Ronnie Spector and a less powerful Etta James--not bad for a white Brit. She has just decided to follow the Jim Morrison/Janis Joplin/Jimi Hendrix "I want to be dead by 27" school of stardom. Enjoy Back in Black because I don't see another one coming.

I highly recommend renting this concert before you buy it. No amount of picture quality or audio quality can save a performance this retched. Her band is tight, her back up singers do all of the enunciation, and she is a pathetic shell of a human being mumbling through songs with little care.

The worst part is that she used to look like this:

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would say that "she definitely has talent" is an understatement.

She has talent of Billie Holiday, Janis Joplin, or Aretha Franklin caliber.

Watching this blu-ray was an extremely sad experience, like watching suicide live or a train wreck in slo-mo.

Only she can save herself, nobody else can.

I hope she survives and continues to write and sing, because already some of her tunes are timeless.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtek /forum/post/15727386

Only she can save herself, nobody else can.

I hope she survives and continues to write and sing, because already some of her tunes are timeless.

Apparently she's getting better now... I certainly hope so and wish her the best; "Back to Black" has some haunting songs...

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder /forum/post/15727430

So does this Blu Ray come with a free bottle of "coke" ?

No, but it may be the best anti-drug (alcohol) video ever, at least for those who are aware of the ravages these substances can inflict.

It ranks right up there for me with Yul Brinner's TV spot, a few months before his death from lung cancer in 1985, saying to a camera: "Now that I'm gone, I tell you, don't smoke. Whatever you do, don't smoke".

Powerful stuff, and not to be taken lightly.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Another tragic addiction story. She will never get better unless she deals with her addiction head on. A tragic example of progressively losing everything in her life. Hopefully she can stop the slide before it ends with death, which will be soon for her I fear.

·
Banned
5,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrigavitch /forum/post/15734832

Another tragic addiction story. She will never get better unless she deals with her addiction head on. A tragic example of progressively losing everything in her life. Hopefully she can stop the slide before it ends with death, which will be soon for her I fear.

Reports over here in the UK say she wants to record her next album in Jamaica which is rampant with drug use.

( the newspaper reports this info not me - i have no idea if Jamaica is rampant with drug use or easy supplied use )

·
Registered
234 Posts
The BD version of Amy Winehouse "I Told You I Was Trouble" is showing up as unavailable on Amazon.com.

Is something up with this title's availability on BD?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts