·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DVD EMPIRE has posted these Fox titles for Feb 1 release

AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

ALL ABOUT EVE

BOYS DON'T CRY

That's the good news. The bad news (to me, anyway) is that all will be digibooks:

PS: Rain Man is also rumored for February.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Amazon Germany just put up Legends of the Fall for Feb 20th (Sony), I'd expect a US release around the same time too.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD
Glad to see more classics come to bluray. Love the Digibooks
Not me. I'd LOVE to import non-digi's but Fox usually region-codes their releases. So it looks like i'm screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.exe
Amazon Germany just put up Legends of the Fall for Feb 20th (Sony), I'd expect a US release around the same time too.
Where'd you see that? I just did a search.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
ALL ABOUT EVE is a must buy. I'll probably get AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER too(I love the way these Cinemascope films from the fifties look in high def).

·
Registered
2,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD /forum/post/19551620

Glad to see more classics come to bluray. Love the Digibooks

It's the increased price of them that I mind. I would rather save 5 bucks per title and just get it in a standard case.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan /forum/post/19554085

It's the increased price of them that I mind. I would rather save 5 bucks per title and just get it in a standard case.

Has Fox come out with Digibooks before?

Warner is coming out with a lot of "standard" versions of their titles. Shawshank just came out. JFK is next month. Falling Down and NBK are also already out.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered mine from the UK. I hate digibooks.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
DVDBeaver was mildly impressed! A classic like All About Eve with an image like this isn't to be missed. If only Fox had waited on Patton and The Longest Day and then used the same level of care that went into this release and the Sound of Music.

·
Registered
15,823 Posts
All About Eve is a must-buy. One of the finest examples of classic American scriptwriting.

Sharp and witty and it's practically non-stop dialog.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Does All About Eve have the original mono track?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Arnette /forum/post/19911073

The back cover says 'English Mono', so I guess that's a 'yes'. It probably isn't lossless however.

Correct. DVDBeaver reports that the mono track is DD 2.0. They don't mention how it sounds, but they report that the lossless 5.1 mix is very good.

Doug

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.