First of all, I humbly apologize for YET another thread on the Diva's
, but my perspective is slightly different.
The system I am considering (and will probably get) is -
Paradigm Titans, Atoms, CC170
This will cost me ~$1000.
Though a decidedly entry level system, based on all the research I did I believe it represents best bang-for-buck for someone on a budget.
However I just couldn't ignore the two humongous threads on the Diva's - and reading thru them makes me want them bad! This forum is an evil place
I'm in my mid 20's (not much disposable income), live in a medium sized apartment, meaning no huge listening spaces and that I have to keep the volume at a reasonable level. Probably also rules out a monster sub. No ability to move into a house in the near (or distant) future.
- are the Diva's sort of overkill for an apt. The size is certainly an issue
- The 4.1, C3, 2.1 package is $1200. I spoke to a av123 CSR, and they will give a 4x 2.1 + C3 package for $950. Is the difference (loss in quality) worth it? I was considering the 2.1 since rt297 posted that they are good enough for use as mains.
- I will have to upgrade my reciever (to a 1802 or 3802)
- For a sub I would want an SVS/Adire Rava but I may hold off on that due to the apt thing.
- My budget would become close to $2000.
- and the most imp question. Is there anyone in the Bay Area, California, who has the Diva's and would be kind enough to let me hear them?
I am no audiophile, but I would like something that will keep me happy for at least the next 10 years, and like someone said, not playing 'what-if'. I can barely afford it but not having spent this much on audio have a hard time convincing myself. There's no wifey to make me see reason
and so much temptation.
Do you think its worth it?