AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the SP-PK21BS for my old kenwood Vr6070. I want a cheap upgrade and if it is possible don't loose the thx certifction, but yet I can't decide wich receiver and I need your advice:

1. Onkyo NR608 (onkyo factory refurbished). My main concern here is the HDMI problems and that is refurbished.

2. Pionner VSX-30(new). This one has just [email protected] per channel and lacks THX certification.

My home theater room is small, maybe 9'x11'x9'. Also, maybe I already know the answer, but I like to know if you can use 8 ohms and 6 ohms speakers in the same receiver at the same time?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
CLONE11815- Even i am planning to buy pioneer SP-PK21BS 5.1 which i am gonna pair with denon 1612 , get a demo of this pair and yes plz plz plz give me a detailed review abt ur pioneer SP-PK21BS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejas23 /forum/post/20891938

CLONE11815- Even i am planning to buy pioneer SP-PK21BS 5.1 which i am gonna pair with denon 1612 , get a demo of this pair and yes plz plz plz give me a detailed review abt ur pioneer SP-PK21BS

Hi, I'm sorry but i can't give you a review for two reasons:

1st: I'm not an audiophile, neither had a good set of speakers set before. The speakers that I used to have were not from the same brand. The pioneers speakers are my first try in this audio world because I think I am more an videophile. I haven't use them correctly because I'm waiting the new receiver. My receiver has [email protected] and these speakers are [email protected] so I don't want to damage them. Since nobody could tell me the diference betwen the onkyo and the pioneer, I order the pioneer to match my speakers.

2nd: Like I said I am waiting for the new receiver with hdmi (the old one doesn't have), but I can hear an improvement in the central speaker and in the surrounds, this speakers recreates better mid range sound than my old ones. The subwofer has cleaner and more detailed sound but I havent get the volume right because I am doiing the test tone calibration with a radio shack audio level that is not working very well. I'm setting all speakers at 75dB and the sub at 80dB and the speakers' manual say to put the central spaker on small, but still I think it sound more natural on normal/thx.

I have a lot of douts but in my opinion the speakers compared with my old ones are:

very well done (very solid construction, and heavy speakers)

much bigger (now i need to rise my tv in a wall bracket because I can;t see the bottom of the tv)

a much richer mid range sound

nicer bass

I still have to find a secure way to rise my surround speakers/

That's all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.