Klipsch Rp 600m
Klipsch center
Marantz AVR
Sony 1080
Kef 100
Elac Debut 2.0

To name a few ...

I like HT I like boom & clarity

I’m starting over - not looking to break the bank.

Open to towers or BS speakers

I can get B&W 606 for $550 tomorrow

But Is there anything else ?

Does KEF have a killer HT deal? I heard their towers tonite @ Best Buy sounded great.

But I was also wowed by the Sony towers ... yes the Sony $199 jobs.

Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Maybe even less than $700

I sold all of HT equipment all of it.
B&W 685
B&W 684 s2
B&W center channel
Klipsch Rp 600m
Klipsch center
Marantz AVR
Sony 1080
Kef 100
Elac Debut 2.0

To name a few ...

Does KEF have a killer HT deal? I heard their towers tonite @ Best Buy sounded great.

Suggestions?

Take a look at Ascend Acoustics. To me that's best direction to go. Parts and components matter and Ascend Acoustics uses excellent components.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take a look at Ascend Acoustics. To me that's best direction to go. Parts and components matter and Ascend Acoustics uses excellent components.

Sierra 1 ? Or CMT?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The original KEF LS50 are "exciting" but to me that means elevated highs. If that's what you're looking for they are hard to beat since you should be able to get them cheap now that the new LS50 Meta are out. To get the "boom" you need a couple subs and to cross the LS50 over around 120Hz.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Sierra 1 ? Or CMT?

Which ever one fits your budget I'd say. The Sierra with true Ribbon tweeter is supposed to be incredible. I'm just an admirer after talking with the owner and speaker designed Dave. I want the CMT340s but I'm not quite ready to buy. I'm putting together an RSL system now. Oh another company to look at. Again, to me the speakers sold in stores are just not as great a value. Best buy takes half, half half goes to the speaker manufacturer so how much were the components? I'm really turned off to speakers sold in stores. RSL has 2 lines, the CG3 which is what I'm building now and the CG5 which is their higher end, bigger brother. The CG5s are on sale too right now. Email the owner, another great, great guy.

·
Registered
18,422 Posts
Maybe even less than $700

I sold all of HT equipment all of it.
B&W 685
B&W 684 s2
B&W center channel
Klipsch Rp 600m
Klipsch center
Marantz AVR
Sony 1080
Kef 100
Elac Debut 2.0

To name a few ...

Suggestions?
Forget B&W if HT is your main priority.

$400/pr = JBL Studio 570 currently on sale @ jbl.com
$1K/pr = JBL Studio 590, same as above

$400/pr = Emotiva T0
$700/pr = Emotiva T1+
$1K/pr = Emotiva T2+

$700/pr = Ascend 340SE
I wouldn't bother with their Sierra series if HT/TV is your focus, the 340SE will do everything you need esp. if you like it loud...you'd have to step to the much more expensive PSA speakers if looking for even more headroom

The JBLs above have free return shipping. No other towers in that price range have FRS as far as I know. Therefore a no-brainer to try first if you want a no risk experiment, since shipping back towers on your own dime ain't exactly cheap.

The "boom" should really come from your sub(s) though, your speakers not so much if HT/TV is your main usage.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forget B&W if HT is your main priority.

$400/pr = JBL Studio 570 currently on sale @ jbl.com
$1K/pr = JBL Studio 590, same as above

$400/pr = Emotiva T0
$700/pr = Emotiva T1+
$1K/pr = Emotiva T2+

$700/pr = Ascend 340SE
I wouldn't bother with their Sierra series if HT/TV is your focus, the 340SE will do everything you need esp. if you like it loud...you'd have to step to the much more expensive PSA speakers if looking for even more headroom

The JBLs above have free return shipping. No other towers in that price range have FRS as far as I know. Therefore a no-brainer to try first if you want a no risk experiment, since shipping back towers on your own dime ain't exactly cheap.

The "boom" should really come from your sub(s) though, your speakers not so much if HT/TV is your main usage.
Saw your comment today about the chrono center channel and HT being 70% center channel ...
And you also didn’t seem to but the timbre match theory .
Knowing that ; would I be best going with a 3 way center like the aforementioned a great sub and the say the B&W’s for music ?

·
Registered
18,422 Posts
Saw your comment today about the chrono center channel and HT being 70% center channel ...
And you also didn’t seem to but the timbre match theory .
Knowing that ; would I be best going with a 3 way center like the aforementioned a great sub and the say the B&W’s for music ?
Sure, if you know you love the B&W sound for music, a great way to get the best of both worlds is to choose a deliberately mismatched center that's a proven performer from a different brand. The Emotiva C2+ would be a great choice.

Reactions: MeanMachine

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
These are good

Reactions: guitarjim

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
$699 each a pair could be had for $1k nowadays

Reactions: Hetfieldjames

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
HSU CC8 was going to be my recommendation as well, or going DIY with something from the DIYSG HT line.

Reactions: MeanMachine

·
Registered
356 Posts
I would recommend the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 stand-mount speakers. Simply amazing to my ears. A solid upgrade over the Triangle Borea BR03 (Which I purchased after seeing Sean's review). The EVO is on a completely different level. Good luck with your search.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts