AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of being an idiot, I post this.

There's an eBay auction currently running for a JVC SR-W7U HD recorder. (no, it's not my auction and I have nothing to do with it, I ran across this while looking for a JVC 30K)

http://cgi.*********/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=3318

However... it -does- have BNC-based component in and out.

It comes with a steep price, and it's not meant for consumer use anyway... and it has no digital audio capabilities... but it looks like if someone were ULTRA desperate to record HD from a component source, this might be worth looking into.

Then again, I have no idea. Maybe this is the perfect addition to your Sony 700A HDVS cam?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
There are probably a handful of people on AVS who own this unit or the other JVC model in the W-VHS line -- they almost all likely will tell you that the media costs are prohibitively expensive. Blank tapes cost over $50.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazama
At the risk of being an idiot, I post this.
Have you read the HDTV Recorders Synopsis?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can you use this to record from a component source and the extract it out in digital format? That way you would only need the recorder and one tape, you could archive stuff on DVHS... Just a thought. Didn't look at the specs yet, but I suspect it doesn't have firewire out...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
No, this is analog. The price of real time A-D conversion for HDTV quality is still way out of this price range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.