Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear AVS Forum Members…

I would like to apologize at the outset for bringing an important piece of personal business to this forum. You see, we are about to loose a valuable asset of this business to a calling that is much higher than anything I can imagine. Please allow me a moment to explain.

Russell Woolfolk is my friend… first and foremost. I met Russell many years ago at Hi Fi Buys in the Buckhead Georgia store and I was immediately taken by his special personality and zeal for the business. He also asked the best questions at my (then) Audio Alchemy seminar and training for the chain. I just loved the guy…

When Walter (Liederman) and I started to talk about expanding our business we immediately thought of Russell. It turned out to be a wonderful marriage, and I’m just as proud of Russell as any man can be… especially his calling as a husband and father.

Russell and I have spoken for several months about what I now must announce. Due to the special needs of one of his children, Russell and his family will have to move to the New England area in the very near future. This move coincided with our desire here at company headquarters to make our business more “Colorado centric†with the opening of our fulfillment center. I asked Russell and his wife Janet to join us our here, but due to the spectacular care that’s offered in Massachusetts for this special circumstance… they had to decline my offer.

Believe me when I tell you that I’ve never lost a more valuable asset in all of my 32 years in this industry. Russell will be sorely missed. We have been operating without him “on the lines†for the last three weeks or so, and I can tell you first hand how dearly we have in fact missed him. Steve and I have been picking up the pace here in Boulder… but doing this without Russell has been difficult to impossible.

Russell, you will forever remain a member of our team, and our home is ALWAYS yours. I’m completely behind you and Janet (as is Lynn and our “family hereâ€) and we want you to know that. You’ll all note that Russell has been helping out on this and other forums as our Customer Advocate “At Largeâ€â€¦ and we welcome that. Russell knows our business and our products inside and out, and we appreciate the extra help he’s been giving us during this difficult time.

Russell is a man… a great man at that… and I hope you’ll all wish him well in his future endeavors. I’m sure I’m breaking all kinds of rules posting this here… but hopefully I’ll be forgiven.

We’ll have some GREAT surprises and introductions to make next week here at ********** as we continue to expand. Look for outposts in London, England and hopefully... Canada in the very near future.

Thanks again…

Good Health and Good Sound to you all…

All the best…

mls

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Russell,

We wish you and your family well. Russell was the first person I ever spoke to at AV123 almost a year ago, and we have kept in touch. I hate to see him move on, but from talking with him I've always known he puts his family first.

Good Luck and God Speed.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wow, sorry Mark for Russell's departure for we all will miss him dearly. Hope things work out for him & family in NE.

PF

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Wish you all the best Russell. Good luck replacing Russell Mark, I know how hard it is to get great help.

·
Registered
488 Posts
dear mark and russ,

russ, we give you all of our best, and hope things go in the best directions for yand your family.

you were instantly *one of those people* during our transactions. :)

it was a pleasure doing business with you and having such a good 'experience'.

----if you can offer up one thing to a person in this macronomic online world, in person, and in business, a 'good experience', -- you win.

nothing wrong there.

keep us in touch please,

sincerely,

brandon and sue.

--and my happy diva-owning mom. :)

p.s. mark, i have to say, you have laid down some great work over the years.

i would love to talk colorado sometime. aspen etc.

thanks, again.

-brandon

·
Registered
448 Posts
Take care Russell, you will be missed!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I wish you all the best Russell...you were also the first person I spoke with; it's going to be weird thinking of AV123 without you.

Take care and please say hi to your family for me.

Sean

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Family and I want to publicly acknowledge the wonder Man and person that Mark Schifter is. He and his wife Lynn and family have made this decision so terribly difficult. I could have never imagined the love and kindness shown to my family by an employer. It's truly remarkable how much they have cared. But, as all of you know our higher calling is to be a parent first.

I remember talking to each and everyone of you Guys that called and emailed **********. I really will miss the friendships that I felt had developed with our shared love for Diva speakers. Although Diva was the reason we are cast together. It's been truly more than a buyer seller relationship. I felt we have all become part of a family.

I will still stay in touch and will continue to help where and when I can. I hope that everyone will also stay in touch with me. My personal email address is [email protected] . I welcome our continued friendship.

Thank you again Mark, Lynn, Gracie, Steve, Suzanne, Greg, Josh,Walter, Maureen and all of the members of the Church of Diva's for the best fun I have ever had.

Peace and Love,

Russell Woolfolk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Russell,

Being a Parent (with another one on the way) I fully understand and sympathize with your decision. It's amazing the love and sacrifices we have and are willing to make for our Kids. I think anyone with Children would do the same thing. You are my original contact man and "dealmaster" at AV123 and you will be sorely missed. Good luck to you in our future endeavors. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

- Barry Barnett

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's too bad to see you leave Russell but understandable. You are a class act and provided me with great customer service. All the best to you and your family and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Sean

·
Registered
118 Posts
Russell,

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving AV123. I hope you continue to make your presence known as it would be sorely missed. Wishing you and your family all the benefits you seek, and the enjoyment of all the beauty new surroundings will have offer.

TinHere.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Wow Tinhere...where have you been?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Russ, You were my first contact at av123. I really enjoyed working with you and am very happy with the results. Thanks and all the best in the future.

--- Sreeni

·
Registered
39 Posts
Russell,

You are the first (and only) person I spoke with at AV123 and you made my experience a very pleasant one (Not to mention putting up with all my questions).

Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. I hope you son/daughter is going to be OK.

Sincerely

Brian

·
Registered
796 Posts
Russell,

I almost feel guilty about all the B stock harassment I have given you.

You are a class act and I wish you and your family well. My prayers are with you as well. You are why I purchased from AV123.

Your "Buddy"

Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.