AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Here's the problem and Im at a loss to figure it out. I have a sony STR DE845 that I use for my 2 channel home stereo. I have two JBL ND310's. I was connecting some newer wires from my cd player to the sony and noticed that if I pulled the white wire off the receiver while the music was playing: both speakers still had music coming from them. So im confused, doesnt one wire run the left speaker and one run the right? Why and how were both speakers running on one red wire? The sony is set on 2channel just so you know. I went into the receiver settings and found the balance and went all the way left and all the way right and here's what happened, when all the way left, the music just got softer, all the way right it just got a little louder. Shouldn't it isolate one speaker if I go all the way to one side. So I hooked up a new cd player and the same thing, one wire from the cd player to the receiver runs both speakers. I'm soo open to suggestion here and thanks..

George

·
Registered
249 Posts
Maybe you have both speakers connected to the Right channel output?

Do you have to set Speaker Mode to A+B to get sound from both speakers? If one is connected to Front A Right and the other to Front B Right this could happen (see p. 16 of the manual).

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Assuming the speakers are connected properly, your Sony is exhibiting poor channel separation. The left and right channels are not 100% isolated from one and other. There is always some bleed through between channels. Newer receivers/integrated amps have made that separation a very large number (which is good). Older equipment may have a lower separation value (which is bad).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterfarian /forum/post/18263784

Maybe you have both speakers connected to the Right channel output?

Do you have to set Speaker Mode to A+B to get sound from both speakers? If one is connected to Front A Right and the other to Front B Right this could happen (see p. 16 of the manual).

I do have the speakers plugged in that way. I'll change it and let you know how it goes...thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts