Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let's have a poll.

State your opinion, and after we get some results, we'll decide what the question was

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Is this Karnac or Jeapardy? Or is Toots just trying to break the magic 1000 (only 14 posts away)?:D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Karnac, some whimsey, and yeah, I wouldn't mind being "special."

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
42 is the correct answer!

:)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I thought 1000 was the answer (as in "what is toots trying to do with this string?")

As for 42 being the answer, well, that just can't be. Toots says we're going to determine the question later, and of course that would be a bad thing.

(Dang, I need to post more in here, I'm SUCH a lightweight.)

Quote:
Originally posted by BrettStah
42 is the correct answer!

:)

·
Registered
849 Posts
You think this is confusing? Check this out and tell me if you can make ANY sense out of it... I'm still trying to process it, I don't think I'll ever be the same... :p

http://24.39.134.110/pika.swf

·
Registered
450 Posts
That's just plain twisted.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by riker
You think this is confusing? Check this out and tell me if you can make ANY sense out of it... I'm still trying to process it, I don't think I'll ever be the same... :p

http://24.39.134.110/pika.swf
Help! I've fallen and can't get up!!! :confused:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, the question is:

Is it gonna say I'm special now?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yes, you are now a SPECIAL person! Aren't you so happy now? Has your life changed in any quantifiable way now that you've exceeded a thou? Did you get the t-shirt? What about the bumper sticker, like 'my child is a 1000 poster person!'? Do you now have the special executive key that lets you into the forum where the Tivo-ites don't hover and no one ever mentions the phrase 'pause ad'? Enjoy your stay at the top, toots! Maybe some day I'll join you there.... :cool:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I could tell you, but they'd just revoke all my privs. ;)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Well if we can keep this discussion going for say, oh, another 400 posts, I'll be able to find out for myself. ;)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Well, it's obvious that the following answer's 'about the pause ads...

"It means the world's about to come to an end!"

But I like the general, all-purpose 42 answer, after all, it took a computer millions of years to come up with that one.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Brett's correct...42

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I think the question that went with the answer "42" was "what do you get when you multiply 9 by 6" which works out if you're working in base 13, which by a staggering non-coincidence was the length and width of the scrabble board used to pose the question (rather than a standard scrabble board's dimension of 15x15).

But, no, you're not missing a heck of a lot. Anyway, he's dead now.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
But are you SUPER Special?
Well, no. :(

I mean, I could go edit my title thingie in my profile and make it say so, but deep down, I'd still know I was just living a lie.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.