AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my haste to corner the market on 3D movies I've ended up with a few anaglyph types. I know now not to buy any movie that mentions including glasses, but I still have some. One is Journey To The Center of the Earth. I tried a few weeks ago to watch it, putting on the cheap red/green paper glasses but it just looked weird. So I ordered a few better glasses and they arrived and I tried watching it again and it just makes my eyes and head hurt.

I can sort of see 3D but mostly one eye looks dark and the other just looks crappy. It's certainly unwatchable. Is there some way that I can watch these or are they just destined for the trash bin?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Your image is too dark is the problem. I originally bought this version as well, not knowing it was anaglyph, and you are right, it is very hard to watch. You might try selling it on ebay. There are some collectors out there that still like this stuff, especially to watch on a regular TV. Then get the real frame-packed bluray version, which is quite watchable.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, just snagged the Blu Ray for 6.99 with free shipping. At some point I'm going to sell all of my mistakes, some where I didn't notice that the package didn't include the 3D disk, or just plain doubles. I really hate when 3D is in the title but somewhere in the fine print it isn't included.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts