Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

I thought this forum might be the place to find some leads on a piece of equipment I need for my business.

I need to find a 'box' the will accept RGB video (and stereo) and output via firewire.

I create DVDs professionally and am using a Sony Beta Deck. I currently am using a little Sony device that does exactly what I need but can on accept S Video or composit video. I think we will get better encoding quality if we are able to use the RGB outputs of the Sony Betadeck.

If anyone knows of where to get something like this I's love to know!

Thanks for reading this.

Mark

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Actually, there are several pro-level analog/DV converters with component in/out, but they're much more expensive than the pro-sumer DataVideo.

If you're not price-sensitive, Laird Telemedia makes a couple of really nice rack-mount models with balanced audio inputs and locked audio. They're awesome, but at around $1800, they're not cheap.

Oh, and yes - you should see a difference in quality using the component outs on the Beta SP deck. Probably worth the $650 or so for the DataVideo piece, but probably not worth the $$ for higher-end devices (unless you were doing some really critical work, of course).

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.