AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some sound calibrations since I recived my Denon dvd 757 which has the 5.1 descrete analog outputs for SACD and DVD. To my supprise the digital coax sounded better for both DTS and Dolby Digital. Has anyone else found this to be true? I used Sin City as the reference disc and on both tracks the coax sounded both louder, warmer, and more realistic to the analog multichannel. Does that mean that SACD will sound better using the coax as well? Also there is no way the cable is the problem since im using monster brand thx for the multichannel and RCA brand coax. My equipment is as follows:

Onkyo TXSR600 reciever

Denon DVD 757 player

Klipsch KSB 2.1 front L/R

Klipsch KSF C5 center

Klipsch KSB S1 surround L/R

·
Registered
48 Posts
SACD will only play through the Analog 5.1 outputs, not the digital 5.1 coax/optical or hdmi outputs. DVD-Audio will play through both Analog 5.1 and HDMI, but not digital 5.1 coax/optical output.

The difference in sound quality could mean that the D/A converters in your receiver are better than in the dvd player, or more likely it could the way you have the crossover and levels set for bass management on the dvd player.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.