Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help on this one guys!

I have analog cable, which does not require a cable box and I can input directly to my TV or VCR (which obviously have tuners). Can ReplayTV tune this channels or will I have to purchase a digital cable box which tunes and changes the channels for the ReplayTV?

I have DirecTV satellite. Can I output to the replaytv and record Standard definition stuff?

If I can, how do I connect it up?

Thanks!

Nic

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yes you can hook your cable directly to the ReplayTV without the need of a digital cable box. Hook it up the same way you would hook it up to your TV, into the Antenna input.

The DirecTV is easy as well. Hook it's output to Line 2 of your ReplayTV with the RCA and/or S-Video connection. You can use any of the outputs to go into your VCR and/or TV.

This really is a pretty simple setup.... but if you want an exact schematic of the setup, let us know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ace,

Thanks for the reply. Do most of the satellites allow simultaneous SD output from the component video and S-vid or RCA? I have a Sony SAT-HD200. Thanks,

Nic

·
Registered
369 Posts
Simultaneous SD/HD output is becoming more common (latest boxes from LG/Sony/Hughes have it, as does the older Samsung) but still not something to be taken for granted. Check the set-top box summary over in HDTV Hardware.

HTL-HD => 120GB Showstopper => 48" 16:9

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
h_a_h_3,

Thanks. I'm not concerned about simultaneous SD/HD output. I was curious whether it simultaneously outputs SD thru all outputs.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.