AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Two things:

1. It was clear from the day that Blu-ray was announced with AACS that eventually the restrictions on analog video would be enforced. I'm actually surprised it took them this long to do it.

2. There is no mention of restrictions on analog audio, only video - so I think you are promulgating a false rumor there.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
In all these years I have never heard of any potential restrictions to analog transmission of decoded lossless audio from BD.

There are plenty of people who are in compliance (having HDMI-capable displays) who will still want analog multichannel audio with their vintage high-end audiophile pre/pros.

I would urge that this thread be deleted or retitled ASAP before it scares too many people.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Huh, this makes no sense.

Unlike Flat Panel displays, speakers are inherently analog. You'll be converting the signal to analog somewhere.

You can tap the output of your receiver/preamp if you'd like.

Edit: the article refers to video. currently, it merely downscales to 1080i.

·
Registered
27,423 Posts
Well, it'll spur sales for the electronics industry. I'm sure they're happy about it.

I think it is fine. If someone needs analogs after 2010, there will be much on the used market.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

I have read the AACS Final Adopter Agreement and multichannel analog audio is allowed. The only analog thing that is being banished is video.

Cheers,

AD

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
Is only for the Video side not the Audio side so people who have analog is alright. I know this info back in 2006 I am surprise it took this long Also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts