AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a plasma TV that supports only digital signals (and a couple of analog signals). Until my digital cable signal get installed in my house, I wanted to know if I could get a converter that will take my regular cable signal and out put a RGB set of signals into the TV. Essentially take in Coax and out put digital.

thanks

:(

·
Registered
369 Posts
Most of the solutions you will find are NTSC to VGA converters. If your display has a VGA (RGB) input, this could be a solution. The boxes are very pricey for what you get.

An alternative would be to buy a TIVO unit. These have RF inputs and component video outputs. You will still be able to use the box, even after you get digital cable. It would require that you buy one of the units with a DVD burner. The straight recorders only have s-video as the highest quality output.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
RGB VGA signals are still Analog. So is Component Video. I'm afraid I can't help answer the original query though.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
All of the boxes you could get are fairly expensive. It seems to me the most effective thing you could do is get your cable box installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.