AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, looks like holtmods is down right now, try again later.

I was going to use it between my cable box analog out and receivers digital in.

With my cable I only get digital on premium channels and its a pain to have to switch the audio signal setting and adjust the volume depending on which channel I am watching. So I had the idea to convert analog to digital so I would not have to do that any more. Granted it would not sound as good as the premium channel digital broadcast but I would not have to mess with the volume when changing channels or switching to DVD at least I don't think so.

Any suggestions? say in the $500 max category.

·
Registered
646 Posts
socio,

You don't have analog in on your receiver??? Hard to believe, almost all receivers have analog in. Why would you then want to add another box in your system.

Michel

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mfombellida
socio,

You don't have analog in on your receiver??? Hard to believe, almost all receivers have analog in. Why would you then want to add another box in your system.

Michel
Yes , my receiver has analog, digital sounds better, at least to me anyway and as I mentioned before its a lot less of a hassle. As far as the box, both the Holtmods and the converter at the link I posted are very small so you would not even notice it.

The other one I am looking at is the MSB AUDIO DIRECTOR, it's full size box but thin and it allows for eight inputs. With this I could run my NAD tape deck, SVHS and cable box through it and get digital out. However it's a tad over $500 which makes it a bit pricey but we will see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.