1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28,092 Posts
Do those convert to DVI-I or DVI-D?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Inexpensive they are not. The A/D conversion is more difficult than D/A and it generally requires more functions. The signal is converted to DVI-Digital only and is not scaled.

Curious, what analog type signal are you trying to convert? The devices only work with VGA, not Component (and no 480i s-vid or composite).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Has anyone used one of these? How is the picture quality? I'm considering one for my Westinghouse 37" LCD that has problems with it's Component inputs so I'm going to convert the Component to DVI and use DVI input instead.

·
23,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkay
Has anyone used one of these? How is the picture quality? I'm considering one for my Westinghouse 37" LCD that has problems with it's Component inputs so I'm going to convert the Component to DVI and use DVI input instead.
What's the component source?

larry

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper
What's the component source?

larry
4, actually. I have a switch box that I use right now. The sources are PS2, Xbox 360, Gamecube (with 480p out) and 8300HD cable box.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just realized this is the wrong one. I need the one with YPbPr input.. that one only does YCrCb in. Both do have DVI out..

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkay
I just realized this is the wrong one. I need the one with YPbPr input.. that one only does YCrCb in. Both do have DVI out..
You'll need something that can do both YPbPr->RGBHV transcoding and then analogue to digital conversion. DVI does not support YCbCr formats.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carled
You'll need something that can do both YPbPr->RGBHV transcoding and then analogue to digital conversion. DVI does not support YCbCr formats.
Ok what's the least expensive (but effective) Startech (or equivalent) model I can use to accomplish this?

EDIT: Just noticed that I *think* VGA2DVII will accomplish this. Can someone please confirm?

VGA2DVII Specs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.