AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Logitech Z-5500 speakers. It appears the control pod has gone bad. It has power, but no sound from the speakers. Anyways to make a long story short Logitech has given me a code for 50% off another product. The closest they have is the Z906. I've also discovered that I can get a cable which will allow me to bypass the control pod and connect directly to the amp using the analog connections. I mainly use my htpc for watching recorded tv and ripped dvds. Am I really going to hear any difference going from using a digital connection on the Z-5500 to using an analog one?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
I'm using the onboard audio from a MSI 870A-G55 motherboard.

And you're too lazy or otherwise unable to tell us the actual audio chipset? (BTW: • Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC892). I'd wager the analog outs will serve you fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy /forum/post/20887560

And you're too lazy or otherwise unable to tell us the actual audio chipset? (BTW: • Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC892). I'd wager the analog outs will serve you fine.

I apologize. It just didn't occur to me. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Can you give both a try and see what your preference is? I find that the DACs in my amp are much better than those in my PC so digital tends to sound better. Some people might notice and some might not though.

I'd give anything to find an amp that can take a digital input for Zone 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.