Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting thougt.

I was thinking as i dismantled the theater room for a guest, (we live in a small duplex and our second bedroom serves as the HT), and setting up the dvd player in our living room, why dont the manufactures of dvds or use wide screeners, advocate the use of changing the type of tv on the player to Wide. Why dont they simply not give it the option and output all as the wide option. This would definitely get rid of the " I hate those black lines", becasue the average person would see an alomst full screen picture depending on the source. Would this not be the best way to convince the average person, that widescreen is the way to go. You simply say, set up your dvd player with wide as the tv type and buy widescreen. That way when the technology changes and widescreen tv's become the norm, you be all set with the real versions of the dvds. This is also how i set up my fathers dvd player for him...

Just my thoughts..... what do you think

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Even if the DVD player manufacturers did this, the "issue" with various aspect ratios would still be confusing to people as they don't understand why they sometimes get black bars and "can't" have a "full screen" all of the time.

Even with the vast amount of info on this topic here, and on other HT forums, people STILL buy widescreen TVs with the "hope" of getting rid of the black bars and are frustrated when the FIRST DVD they watch is in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio and the bars are still there.... :9

Peace.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.